Can anyone name a black comedian who doesn't make an issue of colour?

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

After spending a number of nights watching comedy programs of all shapes and sizes it seems to me that every black comics material is based on the fact they're black and they seem to have very little material outside of that.

Can anyone name me a black comic for whom this is not the case?

In the UK in the past few day's i've watched a huge number of shows with everyone from Lennie Henry, Stephen K Amos, Andi Osho, Gina Yashere, Chris Rock and many others.

I love comedy yet am reluctant to go and see a black comedian for the fact the material seems regurgitated amongst many and would like an open minded consideration of who has some alternative material?

Please be aware I do not believe this is being published in a racist manner (or with racially targeted overtones) and apologise if this offends someone- however I feel this is a valid question.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bill Cosby, Wayne Brady. I don't know of every black comedian in the world so I don't know if every one is race based, I'm sure it's not. That being said, most stand up comedians take their material from what they have experienced in their own life; gay comedians talk about being gay, women comedians talk about being women, Jeff Foxworthy talks about being a redneck, etc.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

Oh man! The fact that this forum exists is hilarious.