jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Working Community Service Hours for Marijuana Offenders.

1. 0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

Do You Think Working Community Service Hours
    Is a Just Punishment for First and Second Offenders
    of Being Caught With Marijuana?
        Jails and prisons are overloaded.  Why should marijuana
    offenders be put in with hard criminals?  Many come out of prison worse than

1. 0
      Deb Welchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is a Synthetic marijuana being sold in stores and malls in this part of Western NY. It is sold as a home fragrance and goes by a few names but it is to be smoked.  It is dangerous - stays in the body longer than marijuana.  A teen commited sucide, it's qualities have severe reactions.

2. dmop profile image85
    dmopposted 4 years ago

I don't personally think there should be any type of punishment imposed for simply possessing marijuana, but community service would be much better than jail or prison. It seems ridiculous to me that we punish a person for having something that has been proven to be safer than a potato or banana, let alone thousands of other common household items. Yes I said potato, or banana because either one is lethal if you eat 15 or so of them in one sitting, while marijuana has no known lethal limit of consumption.

1. 0
      Deb Welchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hear what you are saying - dmop.  I know Hemp can be used for clothing, food products, and for Cancer patients that is all well and good.  Marijuana can be tampered with as with any drug off the street and there is a risk.  Everyone's body chemistry and mental capacity is different so being this so called harmless drug may produce bad results or lead to more potent drugs after awhile. In many ways it is a crime especially when it is introduced into the home where children and animals can breathe in the effects of it.