jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

How Important is Privacy to You?

1. SonQuioey10 profile image83
    SonQuioey10posted 4 years ago

If someone put out a spy cam to watch you doing anything, or spy on you in anyway, would you want to see them locked up for over 5 years or less.

What should be their punishment for invasion of privacy?

1. 0
      Deb Welchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been a victim of illegal entry wherever I have lived - I have been set-up by people above me, below me, across from me. i have approached all avenues to correct the situation with invasion of privacy and mostly what happens is that locks are changed, a police report, and eventually I move.  Everyone is entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happinesee.  There is an amendment the fourth to the Bill of Rights that protects your privacy.  "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized."  I have never caught my intruders red-handed and I cannot prove illegal entry - it is worse than bullying.  It is a felony and punishable upto one year in jail.  A spy cam is one step worse - especially if they are using it to make money.  A judge would have to determine that sentence.

1. SonQuioey10 profile image83
        SonQuioey10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

So are you saying that 1 year and 2 years are too less for this crime? Should this crime treated as a felony?

1. 0
          Deb Welchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you referring to the spy cam intrusion of privacy?  It would be a felony if arrested and proven guilty as far as I know.  A judge handling the case would deem what type of punishment or how many years that crime would receive - I haven't a clue - every case is different - every judge is different.

working