jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Is Mitt a RINO (Republican in Name Only)?

1. Charles James profile image86
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

One can feel for the conservative Republicans. They feel their party is being hijacked by a liberal leaving the Presidential election to be between two liberals. There is a solid majority for Conervatives in the Republican party but the conservative vote is currently split three ways letting Mitt win.

I do not support conservastive REpublicans but I can see they fel they are being robbed.

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah they are.  Mitt may be more liberal than Obama if the winds blow the right way!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't exactly call Romney a liberal. Old fashioned east coast moderate Republican would be more like it. Someone called him a pragmatic problem solver, a "fixer" or something like that. Others are less kind.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree. Romney is a moderate. Thank God. No raving right wingers for me!

1. 0
          idratherbeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

John McCain ran as a moderate. To say Romney is a moderate is a wishful stretch. Romney is all over the place, one side one day to get votes, and the next day another stance to get votes. Right, wrong or indifferent John McCain stood his ground like a rock. Romney's like a rollercoaster, up and down on just about all the issues. I can't figure out his stand on any issue.

2. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

Mitt will be plenty conservative when they tell him to. The Tea Party seems to be the pay-master at this time...

In no time he will be calling women sl*ts, don't you worry.
    And the audience will cheer."Yay!" "Woooooo!" "Yeahhhh!"
    And Rush will say "Ladies and gentlemen...I was wrong about Mitt."

Too harsh? Too insulting? Too just plain mean and wrong?

These are Mitt tactics. When he stops using them, I will.

He is no liberal, believe me. He's a corporate raider. No conscience in the man, IMO.

3. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I'll admit I'm so sick of the term "RINO" I could puke.

Especially since it seems to be tied to this mentality of "OH YEAH we're gonna totally take down the entire Democratic party and oh by the way half of the Republican party too! Wait why aren't the votes pouring in what's wrong with people?!"

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this