jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

US Exported More Oil than Imported Last Year. Republican Scam?

1. bgamall profile image87
    bgamallposted 4 years ago

Drill Baby Drill is a Republican scam against energy independence since we export more than we import already.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities … 3BwldUU58G

1. 81
      Hxprofposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely true.  It will do vitrually nothing to aid the US in terms of energy independence.  It's likely that a small amount of oil coming from newly opened fields in the would be used here, but there's no guarantee.  The only advantage to further drilling here is increase to the world oil supply -  that's it.

2. 0
    idratherbeposted 4 years ago

Some just don't get it. I will be surprised if any Republicans take on your post. They seem to pick and choose the ones they can flip the answer around to their side.

3. stclairjack profile image79
    stclairjackposted 4 years ago

interesting if short read,... sure makes it easy to see who the real enemy is in this country

4. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

From my experience, Republicans have spun many things into their agenda. They are great at that. Although, Clinton and Obama are also convincing speakers too.
    IMO, Romney is like Carey, not much change he is saying nor is it getting through so Obama could win another term IF housing turns around (OR the manipulated jobs data reports). I don't trust either party which is being voiced many others so the Independents will probably gain more votes this time around.

5. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

I saw rep Markie on tv...he and some other Dems put an amendment in the pipeline bill that stated, "Hey--we're OK with Keystone....just make sure the oil stays HERE!"

Not one R voted for it.