jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Mitt Romney is out of touch

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

Mitt Romney joked today about his dad shutting down a factory in Michigan and moving it to Wisconsin.  He bet Rick Perry 10,000 dollars about a line in his book, and joked about his wife's Cadillacs (yes plural).  He said he doesn't care about the very poor and likes firing people (both taken a little out of context, but telling considering his economic plans raise taxes on the poor and middle class while cutting them on the rich).  He also only has a 34% approval rating, much lower than Obamas.

Maybe liberals like me were wrong to wish for Santorum.  Romney will just gaffe himself into oblivion, and Obama can win re-election!

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Romney dosen't give a rats ass about the everyday Joe. He doesn' have to worry about his job or healthcare. He doesn't have a plan for anything. He wants to repeal Obamacare, which was modeled after hid Romneycare and has an attitude of "tough s**t" for people trying to get afforable healthcare with preexisting conditions and other healthcare issues that Obama solved. Romney is a f***in' assh**e and I do hope he goes down in flames in Novemeber.

2. cookies4breakfast profile image60
      cookies4breakfastposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Amen!  And, the more I hear about the whopping mansion he's building, the more I find it hard to believe that anyone could believe he can relate to, or care about, the average person.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I think, quite honestly, he already has gaffed himself into oblivion. He would make a terrible, weak president. There isn't a chance for him.

3. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

Yep, but you could substitute virtually anyone in Washington right now for "Mitt Romney."

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you trying to imply that there is a (politician) in Washington that is NOT out of touch with the man in the street?  'Cause I would have to disagree...

1. Eric Newland profile image61
        Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right. I retract my "virtually" qualifier.

4. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

I don't think Bernie Sanders is out of touch.  But I do agree that most of them (regardless of party) are.

5. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago

No s**t that Romney is out of touch. He's also a lying piece of crap that will say anything to get elected and not man enough to admit he's wrong when called on it.

6. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

He's got more money than God, and plenty of Obama-Haters.....Anybody But Obama....

These same people who gave us Tea Party 2010.

NO ONE on the right even so much as spanked them for not producing Jobs Jobs Jobs....said not a word.

As long as it's not Obama--they would vote for anyone. IMO