jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

OMG. Maher defends Romney?

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago
  2. carol3san profile image61
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

I happened to have watched that show last Friday evening.  He was defending Romney's father's decision to move his plant to another state (at least he didn't move it to China, he said) His father had every right to do so. 
    But I think that the joke was in bad taste in this election season because of the tough job market, and the fact that we are recovering from a massive loss of jobs in this country. I thought he was out of touch with the voters,in this instance.  There is nothing funny about taking away someone's job and moving it to another state no matter what the reason is.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mitt is certainly gaffe-prone.

3. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 4 years ago

WHAT's not to understand????  George Romney was the CEO of an automobile company and made a SMART decision to move some production from Michigan to Wisconsin!!!!  Maher tries to make a valid point... that it was an INTERSTATE move... but AT LEAST (Thank God!) wasn't a move to an out-of-the-USofA place...

Are "WE" of a mind that "we" can't make ANY decisions to CHANGE our business's operating arrangements??????   WHO is to decide which are the "right" arrangements to have/keep.... and which could/might be subject to change????

Damn, people, WAKE UP.... it's just these decisions which we MUST make in order to assure that we DO maximize the economy/job picture in this country.  I think kibitzers/Monday-morning-quarterbacks should be much more reluctant to spout off until/unless they have more-solid data on which to voice their opinions......