jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Do you have a worse experience with men or women bosses?

1. jennzie profile image85
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

Yes, here is another gender discussion, but I would like to know: Do you find you have more trouble dealing with male or female bosses?

At my current job, it is definitely the woman bosses/managers. I feel that they seem to abuse their power more than the men and are more gossipy and two faced. I am certainly not saying there are no bad male bosses- I do know of people who have had issues with the men at their jobs, but in my situation it is definitely the women who bother me more.

2. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I have had good and bad pretty equally among both genders.

3. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

I have only had one female boss and she was great to work with.  About half of the male bosses I've had have been duds; the other half were good to outstanding.

If it's the women who "bother you more," then perhaps you should look within.

jennzieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not saying it's women bosses in general that bother me more- I'm saying at my work the women seem to pick up on every little thing I do more than the men. However, I have also had some issues with the men- it just seems to be more with the women (I don't think it's like that at all jobs though). But I don't doubt for a second that the men talk behind each others' backs as well.

4. profile image0
    alexsaez1983posted 5 years ago

I worked in an all-female office (human resources is a female-dominated profession) for a contract position. From the second I set food there, I was ostracized. My boss was the worst, nailing me for things that she happily let my co-worker get away with. She even threatened to fire me for talking, meanwhile she and her groupies would chat at the top of their voices right next to my desk. I was so glad when that contract expired. I wouldn't work there again for a million dollars.

1. profile image0
      paxwillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you had bad luck Alex.  I once worked in an female office and lone male employee was treated like the golden prince by our horny couger boss lady.

5. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

In my experience, all bosses stink regardless of gender. Something seems to happen to people when they are given seeming authority over others. They become little Hitlers and want to dictate to you about the most minor issues. Fortunately, I finally realised I could earn just as well as a freelance. I gave in my notice and started working for myself at the start of 2004. I would now never stoop so low again as to let some boss walk all over me. I would rather live in total poverty than be in that situation again.

I agree with you that both men and women can think that they are high and mighty when they are given some authority over others and can abuse their power.

You're so lucky that you are your own boss- I want to be able to do that one day as well.

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I've never had a boss, male or female.

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
      SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

FTW

2. jennzie profile image85

Lucky you. smile

7. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

ANSWER:

Both. I have control issues.

LOL. smile

I think for me it's just that I don't like the idea of someone having their eye on me all the time and the possibility of being 'scolded' at if I do something wrong or not up to their standards.

8. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 5 years ago

I never had a boss. So no idea about the bosses.

working