jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

"...fighting for the soul of the Republican party..."

1. SparklingJewel profile image64
    SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago

tea partiers against the establishment have a lot in common with OWS

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. … gop/488261

1. profile image64
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

except tea partiers are more mature and have respect for others, are smarter, truly care about the country, are not out for their 15 minutes of fame, don't poop on police cars, don't destroy the property of others, and most have jobs.

SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...ya...OWS does do some pretty sick things more so than the majority Tea Party people...but there are worse on any side

such as the previous post...reminds one of where a person's main thought is

i think it is more helpful to think about how to change what is wrong with the system than to remind others of someone's sexual activities

2. lovemychris profile image80
        lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't see them as having respect for anybody. Google some of their rallies...
        They are mean and nasty people. And think they are superior to all.
        Most do not have jobs, most are retired, COLLECTING SOCIAL SECURITY.

Plenty are racists, and think woman's place is in the home.

The original Tea Party, wich was concerned with the over-reach of Bush's years, has been usurped by Democrat-hating gvt-check-collecting Republicans. IMO

3. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, defending a system fundamentally based on inequality, and also believing in religious dogma and engaging in overt bigotry towards homosexuals is more intelligent.  That's amazing analysis!

2. ackman1465 profile image59
      ackman1465posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that Tea Party people see life from one point of view, whilest OWS people view that very same life from a diametrically opposite point of view...

As to the Tea Party and the Republican party.... I think that there needs to be some serious soul-searching amongst those people.... and a decision reached as to what "Republican party" really means and is.....  To me, it's a fragmented bunch.....

3. profile image0

They both don't like the government spying, engaging in endless wars, or the establishments of their respective parties.  They are also both in favor of free speech.  There is a little bit of common ground.

SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

everything in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is the common ground. But, interpretations thereof need to be equated.

Ron Paul personifies that equation in how he defends the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I have never heard anyone else do so. When Paul speaks of liberties and freedom, regardless of his own personal views, he speaks the language of liberty and freedom and equality.

1. lovemychris profile image80

Doesn't mean much if you are going to say a fertilized egg has more rights than me....sad

1. profile image0

BUT IT DOES!  MY PREACHA MAN TOLD ME SO.

Women are total crap to them. Less than zero.

2. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

The Republican Party needs to hang it up along with the Tea Baggers. By the way, why would anyone want to belong to a party where their nick name is a sexual act. Teabagging is where a man drags his testicles across his partner's face.

1. ackman1465 profile image59
      ackman1465posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Paul.  I never knew that there was a verb, "teabagging."  I guess I've lead a rather-sheltered life...... But, of course, now that I know what this is, I'll see if I can find somebody to do it with me!!!.....

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That "nickname" was apparently started by some Democrat or liberal as a derogatory term.  Another "coined" word by those of whom some of their ilk want to re-write everything that's good from the Bible to the Constitution.

From even the liberal Huffington Post, here goes, put this in your hat-------

"Having deliberated carefully over the word-usage evidence, Oxford's lexicographers are confident in their judgment that "teabagger" the political term stands distinctly apart from "teabagger" the vulgar term."

So, just because cruel and vulgar people like to paint Republicans and/or Tea Party members with a nasty brush, doesn't mean it fits Republicans or anyone else.   And even if some Republicans don't mind that term, that's their business and it can be used in a good manner.   And I'm totally offended at your comparison to sexual activity.

How would you like it if I referred to Democrats and liberals in the derogatory term that their Official symbol can be made to apply?  And added even more to THAT like you did?   Not to mention "Progressives". 

So you should stop being vulgar any ol' time now.  Like...immediately.

The Baggers came up with the name because they sent tea-bags to Democratic members of gvt as a protest.

If they didn't know what it meant....that's their problem.
        Can't cry now....when they were using tea-bags to target Dems, they were quite happy to use the term.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image58
        Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, but in your state "oysters" are something totally different than the tasty shellfish.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is a particularly rabid sect of them who call themselves the Cleveland Steamers...

3. SparklingJewel profile image64
    SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago

...this whole perspective that there is competition between women and their eggs and unborn children is just ridiculous  hmm

the whole perspective of those against abortion is about protecting those that can't defend themselves...not an attack on women's rights

they see women's rights as being usurped in the act of abortion, because abortions affect women adversely any many ways

most prolife people are promoting the rights of women from the lie that they are in some way in competition from their unborn child and that they have to defend themselves from respecting life at all stages of spiritual and physical growth as an evolution of the soul

working