jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My 2 Cents

1. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

I moved this here so as not to hi-jack someone's thread...and maybe no one cares anyway...but it seems like pieces fitting to me.

It started back in 06. The Military Commissions Act.

---This is the MCA: "In the final hours before adjourning in 2006, Congress passed and the president signed the Military Commissions Act (MCA). In doing so, they cast aside the Constitution and the principle of habeas corpus, which protects against unlawful and indefinite imprisonment. They also gave the president absolute power to designate enemy combatants, and to set his own definitions for torture."

Which, possibly was this: "Since the constitution was suspended under executive order of G.W. Bush and confirmed by the Patriot Act."

Ok, then:

"February 14, 2006: The Washington Times runs a scathing editorial, Arab-owned American ports?, condemning the Bush administration’s bizarre decision to turn over the management of several U.S. ports to a United Arab Emirates company, Dubai Ports World. The fiasco is attributed to presidential bungling, but a more plausible explanation is that the UAE was to provide key logistical support for the intended war on Iran.

February 21: Bush threatens to veto any Congressional attempt to block the Dubai Ports World deal. It will be his first veto, and his determination sets him against public opinion and the legislative branch."--Capt. Eric H May

Now then, Gordon Duff:

"This was all part of the “Bush Doctrine” to control the world through creeping into Central Asia to steal oil, peddle drugs and put Israel in charge of the world so the “end times” could come and George “W” Bush could sit at the side of loving Jesus and decide who to burn to death at will.  I do so love Krazy Kristians.

Where does this leave things?  The plotters plot.  Key Saudi’s, Bahrain and Israel plot to hold the Gulf.  Israel continues to control the Republican Party in the US and key members of the Democratic leadership though despised by the President and White House along with the military.

Thus, America is extremely divided.

What is certain is that the Bush policy in Central Asia is in shambles, crazy to  begin with.  Their policy for Eastern Europe puts the US at odds with Putin who recently returned to power, at a time when America is at its weakest since 1946.

While this is going on, from a financial and military standpoint, the “great powers” are dividing up Africa, searching for key resources that can represent “collateralization of currency” when hydrocarbons become worthless and the fiat currencies are no longer accepted.

Our prayers?  We pray that the world forgets our transgressions, our arrogance, our debts, our defilement, our hubris, our slaughter and accepts the leadership we have never offered.

Here, at home, we offer an Obama second term, one with possible promise, only remotely possible, against the assurity of mob rule by an illiterate financial crook under the control of Israel. Few Americans know the difference."

Crossroads....for real. Keep in mind what Republicans are doing....21 states are R controlled, and what do you see? Union busting, reproductive rights taken away, and "emergency managers" taking over: voters rights being nullified!

This is neither freedom nor liberty. And I don't want anymore wars in my name.
    Nor do I think uber rich people need more tax breaks...the be all and end all of their world.

Either we stand on our feet, or live on our knees. Our choice....or is it? We better figure it out soon!

1. janesix profile image73
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So do something about it instead of ranting on hubpages 24 hours a day...

2. 60
    kelly1313posted 4 years ago

I thought your piece was well written, and refreshing.. I couldn't be more concerned.

3. lovemychris profile image79

Thank you kelly!

And I don't have time to find the correct threads, so I'll put this here...since I know I won't delete it!! hahaha

Chrysler has paid back the gvt loans, and posted it's best quarter sales in 13 years.

An Insurance company has to give rebates to customers thanks to the ACA. Apparently--the company was over-charging people to pay for advertising. ACA mandates that 80% of money collected must go to actual HEALTHCARE!!

These policies are working, and will get better and better with time. And putting more of these ideas in place would be even better yet. Let's not go backwards! Please.

1. American View profile image61
      American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Chrysler has NOT paid back the loans, The US loss billions in the Fiat stock sale, and Chrysler is only doing good for now until Toyota and Nissan catch back up from the tsunami. They are still no where near production levels prior to it, Chrysler and Ford are the two getting the most benefit for it.

As for the 80/20 rule, no point in even trying to explain why the rule is not working, All you see it the cost coming back but you are not looking at the type of coverage and that there is less of it.

4. lovemychris profile image79

"Treasury, May 24: Treasury committed a total of $12.5 billion to Chrysler under TARP’s Automotive Industry Financing Program (AIFP). With today’s transaction, Chrysler has returned more than $10.6 billion of that amount to taxpayers through principal repayments, interest, and cancelled commitments. Treasury continues to hold a 6.6 percent common equity stake in Chrysler. As previously stated, however, Treasury is unlikely to fully recover its remaining outstanding investment of $1.9 billion in Chrysler.

Since then, the administration has announced that it will sell its remaining Chrysler shares to Fiat, the Italian automaker that will now own a majority of the U.S. car company. Taxpayers will reap about $560 million from the stock sale, Treasury says. That still leaves taxpayers about $1.3 billion in the hole, and Treasury doesn't expect to ever get it back.

Treasury, June 2: Treasury is unlikely to fully recover the difference of $1.3 billion. Treasury has the right to recover proceeds from the disposition of the liquidation trust associated with the bankruptcy of Old Chrysler, but does not expect a material recovery from those assets."

That doesn't bother me....there are billions missing from Iraq, billions un-accounted for the day before 9/11, and 2.1 trillion given to who knows who under TARP.
    Are you telling me you don't mind being over-charged to cover the cost of advertising for an Insurance Company? Or so a ceo can "make" 5 mil a year? Healthcare is the LEAST thing on their minds, IMO!