If you think so, you are in the growing consensus that the Republican party has completely lost it's soul. It has become an "apocalyptic cult" in the words of two political analysts.
Great article- http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ … story.html
This extremism began with Richard M. Nixon and it gradually become even more extreme with Ronald Reagan(remember Star Wars and Reaganomics)and so on and so on.....now this party is completely Nazified!
Yeah moderate conservatism has been replaced by right wing extremism.
Give me a break man...
This from the party who screams racism at any and all.....did I say any and all disagreement?
Follow the money from the Scaife-Mellon's to organizations like the Social Contract Press.....then look at their connection to the promotion of nonsense like "The Camp of the Saints"..... If you haven't heard of that book, check it out.. Then you will be able to see the stupidity that fuels so many "conservatives"...
Totally! The Dems seem like mice by comparison. Heaven help us if Romney gets in! (speaking as a career woman female who also raised two children!)
With the country upset about the poor economic conditions, I'm afraid there may be some kind of Tea Party takeover of Congress, and if Romney wins, he will go whichever way the political winds blow. It's a scary thought.
Republicans and conservatives have become a religious cult.
• They deny any science that does not agree with their ideology.
• Republicans are forced to agree with the doctrine of the faith; Huntsman was dis-invited to a Republican meeting because he voiced opposing opinions.
• Never raising taxes is not a political position it is dogma and Republicans actually have to vow to uphold the no tax dogma or risk expulsion.
• The fictional writings of the atheist Ayn Rand are critical to the doctrine and required reading for some Congressional staffers. Republicans fail to see an issue with following ideas that are contradicted in the Bible. This is typical of faith, not reason.
• They follow a typical religious hierarchy with males at the top and women expected to be subservient. The wealthy are also at the top of the hierarchy while the poor are unworthy.
• Sexual scandals are the ultimate sin. Rush turned an insurance issue into a sex scandal by calling Sandra Fluke a slut and a prostitute and asking her to perform in pornographic films for his enjoyment.
• Rush’s “Dittoheads” are a cadre of people who willingly repeat and agree with Rush’s opinions without question and without thought. In a religion, you may not question the faith.
• They have their own Devils and demons with Obama currently in the position of Devil and a host of liberals being minor demons.
• There is a willingness to use violence to promote the faith. Like burning at the stake, Crusades, witch trials and fatwa’s, Republicans use targets and suggest “Second amendment solutions.” Stand your ground laws and easy access to guns make it ever easier to shoot first and claim you felt threatened.
Republicans are not allowed to march out of the lockstep dictated by their corporate sponsors....
'The Republican Party has released its first commercial piece for Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama for the national election in an attempt to ram this fraud down the American people’s throats while at the same time it is not being reported in the mainstream that Ron Paul is winning state after state as the delegates gather to make their intentions known. These criminals that make up the establishment Republican Party should be arrested.
Mitt Romney has not secured the GOP nomination and what we are seeing is an attempt to bypass the established process and disenfranchise we the American voters, not just as individuals voting in the beauty contests, but also as delegates with an absolute constitutional right to decide who will be the GOP candidate for president in 2012.'
I am not certain that Republicans are more extreme than Democrats. It seems to me that they are being knee-jerk nay-sayers right now, but I wonder whether that it because Democrats hold the White House and, therefore, they must oppose anything the president says or does.
I see it as destructive and selfish, myopic and sophomoric, and I only hope that Democrats will behave more like adults when Republicans again hold the White House.
There was a time when the parties fought until elections were over and then tried to work together. It was civilized and it benefited the country. Now, when election results are in, it only signals the beginning of the next campaign.
I am saddend by the extreme political polarization.
All that having been said, I have to admit that I find that I now experience a visceral dislike for people such as John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney and MIchelle Bachman who exert so much time and energy in looking for Democratic weaknesses, in finding fault in every Democratic utterance that they have no time or energy for trying tomake a positive contribution.
As a green card holder with no vote (but plenty of taxation!) I find the vilification of the Democrats by the republican politicians totally repugnant. They are all so religious but seem to have forgotten about the "mote in their own eye". Heaven help the USA.
Debt-ceiling. Opposing policies they once favored. Denying science. Yeah, they are trying to permanently alter the public discourse. Paul Ryan's budget is the best evidence that the GOP is now the Greedy Organization of Patriarchs.
by Charles James4 years ago
I am not an American, but what goes on in the USA is important to the world.Lincoln was a Republican and freed the slaves. One would expect black Americans to generally vote Republican. But they don't.How did this come...
by Credence23 years ago
I am taken back to the site 'unskewed polls' where the conservatives were saying that the mainstream polling system was unfairly skewed in favor of Mr. Obama. So, I bet I could not find them now anywhere among all the...
by Deforest4 weeks ago
I am not saying that none of the candidates gathered the 207 electorate votes. I am just stating that a majority of the US citizens vote blank. Will the majority rule?
by Greensleeves Hubs3 weeks ago
The Conservative Party has always been the major right of centre party in the UK - the party of Churchill, Thatcher, Cameron and current Prime Minister Theresa May. A party which believes in strong fiscal policy and...
by logic,commonsense5 years ago
Running off to Illinois, the Dems in the Wisconsin state legislature were too cowardly to face a vote that they knew they would lose. Tremendous statesmen these cowards are! If they had a better idea why...
by Holle Abee4 years ago
I've always said that I didn't think Mitt would win in SC, and now Newt is ahead in the state in several polls. The GOP has gone so far to the right that they don't want a moderate. It just boggles my mind that any...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.