jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Obama And The Press

1. 0
    Hubert Williamsposted 4 years ago

It sounds to me like Mr. Obama is ridiculing the office he holds and the country he represents with his remarks at the White House Correspondents Dinner and in his ad with Jimmy Kimmel.

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

If that's the case, then every president in my lifetime has done the same.

"wouldn't be prudent"...saturday night live, in which HW appeared.
    "Those WMD's have go to be somewhere, hehehe"...W at the same event.

Don't remember Clinton or Reagan's shtick... but I know there was one.

It's a "Washington Tradition"....don't know when it started, but female journalists were allowed "in" 50 years ago.

so, it's really nothing new.

1. 0
      Hubert Williamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your probably right, But it sure sounds derogatory to me, regarrdles of what a person's political persuasion may be.

1. lovemychris profile image79
        lovemychrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree...it's like this inside joke between the elites about our country.

I don't like it either.

1. 0

You see, even you and I can find common ground. Too bad our elected officials can't.

They can seem to find common ground on SOME things....CISPA, Patriot Act...in the name of "security", but not much else.

1. 0

Maybe someday they will realize that they are representing living, thinking and feeling people, not words on paper a particular party only.

I think it's the culture there...they ARE removed from it all....in the "halls of power"....But to me it's like High School! Just like Hollywood, and anywhere else. Seems that there are all these cliques. Certain people are popular, certain people are not....like all the same childish stuff.

I'm not saying they're all like that. There are a lot I admire greatly. But just DON'T show me blue car and call it green!!

1. 0

Or pee on my head and tell me it's raining.

working