jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hate-mongering from the right continues

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

Having a gay brother, perhaps I am biased.  Favoring equal rights for all people must be some sort of family tie I have.  Nevertheless, the hate-mongering on the right against homosexuals never seems to cease.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/f … osexuality  Bastardizing Martin Luther King Jr. like that is absurd. 

Also, a wonderful pastor promoting hatred of your own children if they happen to be gay is causing controversy.  http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/20 … agenc.html  The emotional scars of the gay children in that congregation should move anyone to oppose what this bigot is saying.

1. jandee profile image46
      jandeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So ! Why are you highlighting it !

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sunlight is a great disinfectant.  People won't change if they don't see what's happening.

1. Xenonlit profile image60
          Xenonlitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You said it all right here! Those people want the spotlight for their outrageous utterances, but they sure hate to have their true natures exposed.

That is too bad. Most of America is sick of them and a great cheer goes up when one more is exposed as a hateful and psycopathic monster. I want to know why that pastor is not under arrest or investigation. He has no right to advocate or use religion to order others to commit  violence against children.

2. Gypsy Willow profile image78
    Gypsy Willowposted 4 years ago

Equal rights for all should be the norm. Pandering to religious bigots is never a good thing. Some of the most interesting, well educated people I know are gay.

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I also work with a gay guy who is working on his master's in communications.  People have to change their outdated worldviews in order for society to progress.

3. TomBlalock profile image83
    TomBlalockposted 4 years ago

Not to be crass and dismissive on a topic that certainly bears great consideration, and indeed is an important issue today, but I don't find bastardizing Martin Luther King to be all that wrong. You know, considering how many women he tried to have a bastardized child with other than his wife. Ah, how I love random Irony.  Seriously, though, I do tend to agree, the hate-mongering is just a bit silly.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

It's called divide and rule. Keep the peasants all fighting with each other such that they will never think why.