Craziness in North Carolina

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

North Carolina has a discriminatory amendment on their ballot that is set to be voted on.  It would define marriage as one man and one man, and ensure homosexuals were discriminated against. 

One wife of a lawmaker made a telling omission. … 70956.html

When confronted about it, she didn't deny saying "Caucasian," but she claimed to be taken out of context.  It's odd she would be mentioning race at all in the context of a marriage amendment.  Sometimes backtracking won't save you.

2. Amy Becherer profile image83
    Amy Bechererposted 4 years ago

I am assuming that the verbiage defining marriage was meant to read "one man and one "woman", ensuring homosexuals were discriminated against. The ill-conceived diatribe spoken by the lawmaker's wife only worsens the reputation of bigots, prejudice and ignorance. The only advantage of her blatant hatred and lack of forethought is the irrevocable reality of her ignorance. I imagine her lawmaker partner will spend considerable time trying to undo the damage she has created, speaking her ideologies, which will be assumed shared by her spouse.  I hope the inevitable firestorm of responses will result in repercussions for her husband. In that way, she would have inadvertently provided our misguided, inept government with one less proponent of hate.