jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

It's Sad Americans....

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

It's sad that American's care more about Hilary Clinton drinking a beer and how others go on large spending spree on the tax payer's dollar, while a homeless vet sleeps in a box or on a bench not knowing where their next meal is coming from. I know where I want tax payers money to go, I keep posting about it, where do you want it to go?

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I know that the VA hospitals love vets and probably charge the govt big bucks every time one visits. I have friends that are there a lot.

Older vets used to get the GI bill to buy homes and go to school.I found the website and it looks like it still exists,so why are they homeless?
    http://www.gibill.va.gov/

Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Many Soldiers are returning everyday with mental illness and other disabilities. After leaving the service it takes up to a year for the Soldier to get VA benefits, in the mean time they are lost for money.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

well this is something people can write their congressman about...it is sad if this is the case.

Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If people don't know its a problem they can't fix it. Many chose to overlook because its not them, well its happening to me, so I'm screaming about it!!

2. TomBlalock profile image85
      TomBlalockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes, even after a year, they cannot get benefits. My father is a lawyer in my hometown, and a good friend of his is a paralyzed former Army special forces soldier. The V.A. attempted to deny him some benefits, I'm not sure which. I do know that my father had to take them to court to get the benefits accorded to him. If this happens to the ones that are paralyzed, i can only imagine what happens to the ones with PTSD and other less apparent conditions, as the general public might see it.

4. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

Because the government is not yours anymore, it became the government of the elite!

working