jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Should concert for Soldiers have been canceled?

1. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 4 years ago

Last weekend during a National Rifle Association meeting in St. Louis, Nugent rallied support for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and said of the Obama administration: "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November." He also said he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if Obama is re-elected.
    Because of these statements, Ted Nugent's  concert was canceled that was for Soldiers, was it just opinion or a threat.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Don't Know who Ted Nugent is. But have heard almost the same statement from liberals television late night person and there was no repercussion.
    I think what he meant was the current administration and those associated with it needs to go. Poor choice of words, especially if he was using the exact statement.  Really wish I could remember who it was I heard say something similar.

3. TomBlalock profile image85
    TomBlalockposted 4 years ago

I don't think the concert should have been cancelled, but any good soldier knows that Obama is the commander in Chief, and the know to follow the chain of command save when it directly violates the constitution. Making an implication like that, even if it wasn't his intention to imply it, as I recall he stated to the Secret Service, is cause for concern, and right or wrong, I can't blame the military for cancelling Nugents performance. They should have done something else for the soldiers, though, in my opinion. Honestly, though, our boys can handle a concert being cancelled. It is the least of our concerns, these days.

4. Dr Billy Kidd profile image89
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

The first Ted Nugent quote that started this whole thing off: "Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch." (Atlantic : http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc … ma/256025/ ).

Do you think it is appropriate for someone to talk like that in front of the troops in Afghanistan?

1. tirelesstraveler profile image86
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow! I am so sick of foul mouthed people.

2. lovemychris profile image78
      lovemychrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's not appropriate for someone like that to be on tv and radio!

They fined Howard Stern for less. But I'm sure this dink says those kind of things daily on his radio show.

The TP's so proud to have him...this clown adopted a 17 year old, so he could have sex with her and not be jailed for statutory rape.