jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Hell is for Children

1. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago
    1. aguasilver profile image88
      aguasilverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Close the 'prison' immediately, revoke it's license, that will hit the owners hardest as their 'asset' will be worthless.

Charge the guards and let them suffer the consequences.

Stop putting children (and adults for that matter) in prison, it does not work.

lovemychrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw a program once....Norway and the way they deal with crime. Makes us look like Neanderthals.
        Kids. Kids charged as adults and sentenced to adult years in adult prisons!!!

6 year olds being tazered.
        hand-cuffed prisoners tazered to death.

Go sit in an American court room some day.
        See what it's all about....

"When will you be able to pay?"....

I wonder if we have reached the tipping point yet?

Oh I think America has reached that tipping point and passed it.

I have a hub 'Why prison is illegal' which I did a couple of years ago on this subject.

Why do we continue with something that fails to do what it should achieve?

America has the highest rate of prisoners in the world, that is a sign that something is drastically wrong.

Yes.....now that you put it that way.....The land of the Free, locking up more people than anywhere else on the planet.

we have been infiltrated. Money Grubs and sundry hangers-on. Replaced values with a dollar sign.

Vulture Crapitalism

Corporationism writ big across the landscape...

http://sayingthankyou.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/organicplabeljul07.jpg

There are stacks of these organisational charts that show that the corporations own everything under differing names, same shit, looks nice and natural and cosy small, owned by BigBrands...

Whoa! I had no idea. well....maybe an inkling....

Here's the one that houses my friend: Corrections Corporation of America:
                "Ex-Con Shareholder Goes After World's Biggest Prison Corporation"

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 … rison-rape

2. 0
                Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad we can come to an agreement on some political issues :p.

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

They are all a horrible mess....with very few exceptions. It's because we act like these are not people...like they are "things. They are people!

But it gets worse when you put money in there as a motive to lock people up....it's totally immoral!

2. lovemychris profile image80
    1. Jillian Barclay profile image84
      Jillian Barclayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! It is about time someone turned this torture of our children into an issue. What kind of a country are we? Exceptional? I am from San Diego and embarrassed to even admit it...

It scares the heck out of me.....I am terrified of what we are becoming.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image78
    SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago

Sad, but true.

4. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

What is wrong with our society?  This is absurd, and these guards need to be charged for their pathetic, cowardly, heinous acts!

I wish. Years ago here, the sheriff was caught "pimping" prisoners out to work on "friends" yards, cars, etc. They probly just get better at hiding it.

But it's the rape and abuse that goes on. And the targeting and bullying. The helplessness of these kids--I can't even think about it.

And I think what if that was my kid. And it's all done for money.

That is why I hang on to hope....the Cosmos must deal with it because it is such entrenched evil.

WE have failed. Grade Obama? How about we grade ourselves. F-

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Everything is about money now.  Private prisons, and the private prison lobbies to ensure they have business. 

Don't know how to deal with a screwed up culture that produces messed up kids?  LOCK THE KIDS UP!  It's so absurd and ridiculous.  I don't know what is wrong with people.

5. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

How horrific both for the parent and his son! What is wrong with the people in this Country. sad

6. lovemychris profile image80

The phone company that "services" phone calls is called Global Tell....owned by Bain Capital.

It's all one big happy family of corruption.

working