AZ Gov.Signs Bill letting Employers Control birth control payment

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Signs Legislation Permitting Employers to Interrogate Female Employees About Contraception Use [Updated]
    By ABL
    Saturday, May 12, 2012 19:20 EDT

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 6-2 Monday to endorse a controversial bill that would allow Arizona employers the right to deny health insurance coverage for contraceptives based on religious objections.

Arizona House Bill 2625, authored by Majority Whip Debbie Lesko, R-Glendale, would permit employers to ask their employees for proof of medical prescription if they seek contraceptives for non-reproductive purposes, such as hormone control or acne treatment. … ption-use/
    Big brother is getting too personal?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Little brother/my employer certainly would be if they wanted to pick and choose how I manage my health. And no doubt reserve the right to fire me if pregnant too. There is a reason why universal rights are managed Federally. Right or wrong at least our rights are the same regardless of race, age, sexuality, marriage status, health status or employment.

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

I'm getting to really really have such disgust for republicans. Now they are going to say: "Well, you don't have to work for a religious boss".

So--now bosses get to manage my personal life to their liking? For crying out loud....where's my right to be free from their religion? This has no business being in the workplace! It's personal!

You know what I have an objection to? Republicans. Maybe I can ask what your political affiliation is before hiring you? 'Republicans need not apply'. How bout that?