A $36 Million Taxpayer Boondoggle for Politicians

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

A $36 Million Taxpayer Boondoggle for Politicians
    By Jonathan Karl | ABC OTUS News

Tom Coburn has heard enough posturing about that $800,000 conference the Government Services Agency held in Las Vegas. He's got a bigger target: The $36 million taxpayers will spend on the Democratic and Republican conventions this summer.

"Can we agree once and for all the party is over when it comes to travel and meetings paid for by the taxpayers?" Coburn wrote today in a letter to Priebus and Wasserman-Schultz. "If you agree, I would urge you to reject the millions of dollars of public financing for your 2012 party convention provided by the federal government through the Presidential Election Campaign Fund (PECF) and to return the money to the federal government."
    http://news.yahoo.com/36-million-taxpay … itics.html
    should the $3.00 contribution from taxpayers tax return be eliminated? That's too much money to party ,in these hard times. Politicians still dont get it..

1. shea duane profile image81
      shea duaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Stacie, yes it's too much. I understand the importance of the convention, but does it have to be so over-the-top? I don't mind paying my taxes, but I don't want the money wasted.