Obama can win without key battleground states

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

It's gotta be like passing a kidney stone for Chuck Todd to have to admit this.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/hardball/47557959

1. American View profile image60
      American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Problem with what they were saying is they used the Marist polls which are always left leaning by a few percent. Other polls have different results. Obama has to win several of the swing states to get reelected

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I know. For every poll that shows Obama leading 48-44% there's another showing the opposite.
        The campaign season is still in its infancy.
        And if Romney chooses Rubio, we can likely count Florida out of this mix for sure.

I posted is because I just love the sight of Chuck Todd, the rightest whitest news commentator of them all, having to make these statements in favor of Obama.
        It's a crackup.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Obama has to work very hard to win Florida, which I don't think is going to happen. I think it will be very close, and maybe he will surprise us.. but
    there are too many factors going against him here, including independents favoring Romney at this point in the campaign.
    As of Wednesday, Romney has a 47-41 lead. Even with Rubio on his ticket, it would only give a 2 point boost and would not affect Obama's standing.

Also the Republican convention will be held in Tampa, which will generate votes for the GOP as well as Obama. wink NOthing like a bunch of hyped up right wingers to motivate the undecided to vote blue!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl … 14250.html  This was Wednesday's Quinnipiac poll

The NBC Marist poll the next day has Obama in the lead 48-44 in Florida.

The overall election? I think Matt Taibbi probably hit it on the nail -
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/bl … r-20120507

3. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 11 years ago

The state of Florida is comprised of a significant Senior Citizen, Cuban, and Minority population, a demographic which obviously favors President Obama tremendously for several reasons including his commitment to preserve Social Security & Medicare Benefits, as opposed to any greed driven Republican Candidate who emerges from the convention including Jeb Bush who have vowed to terminate these vital programs -

Even if Romney can manage to lawyer himself through an inevitable tax evasion investigation, lie and bluff his way through the GOP Convention, and then, miraculously become the nominee, he still needs to successfully convince all current and future retired folks living comfortably in states like Florida to willfully give up social security checks & medicare, innvaluable benefits of which they rely upon to maintain a decent, dignified, and respectable lifestyle, in favor of his repulsive, regressive voucher scam -

Moreover, even if Romney recruits someone like Marco Rubio as VP running mate, he will find himself spending the remainder of his campaign days desperately trying to convince minority voters his pick was genuine and not a "Token Selection" for political purposes -

Good luck to the Romney's as they try to perpetrate both schemes on Floridians and the American public -

Yea, Obama is just so good for seniors. Just wait till they find out about all the cuts to medicare that will take place 1-2013 due to Obamacare.
      Not to mention that wonderful 2% SS payroll tax deduction that moved up the date SS will go broke by 4 years earlier

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
        Alternative Primeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Another big Republican Lie -

In reality, there will be ZERO cuts to monthly Social Security Checks, and ZERO cuts to actual Health care Benefits currently enjoyed by all senior citizens - "The Patient Protection Act" aka "ObamaCare" which I believe you are referring to, significantly enhances the system for all Americans -

Those cuts you're referring to will be predominately administrative in nature to reduce redundant costs, and help to clean up potentially wasteful spending, something we all thought the greed driven regressive minded GOP would applaud -

SS is solvent for decades even if zero tweaks are made - It's almost inconceivable the GOP electorate would even consider a shady, unethical, immoral, shallow minded individuals such as the Romneys to represent their ailing party -

Mitt's simplistic plan for Social Security & Medicare? Termination Period - Start from scratch and re-direct all funds toward his Wall Street Cohorts -

AP,

Before we continue about what is in the Obamacare plan and the cuts happening this January, have you ever read the bill? I have, twice. The cuts are way more than just administrative.

While there will be ZERO cuts in current SS benefits, you are not correct about cuts to actual health care benefits, not to mention the large premium increases heading this way in January.

As for Social Security being solvent, the recent audit clearly showed that due to the 2% Social Security payroll tax cut, Social Security will now go broke three years earlier, and Social Security disability will now go broke in 2016, 2016 is not decades away.

You can continue and say GOP lies, and of course I am not GOP but you don't care about that, or you could dump those Democratic talking points and do some real investigation on your own. I do believe it will open your eyes. Both sides of the aisle are suffering from a major case of full of shitness. You cannot believe either side.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This I will agree with.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I personally think it won't matter. Romney will shoot himself in the foot worse off than he already has.

He is clearly not the person who should be President of this Country. He doesn't stand for equality nor does he stand for equal rights.

He is just an idiot with no rational plan for fixing America.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

MM,
      Have you been watching news on Communist MSNBC? Kidding, I love them, and the way they make fun of the R's. I have Astrology charts for Romney and Obama, I'm saving them for after the summer. One hint though, Romney has lots of planets in Pisces, so he's a dreamer. God knows what he's dreaming about though. Normally that means a person who thinks they can make a difference.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Chuck Todd is a righty? Who knew? Let's see, he worked for Dem politicians, his wife is a Dem operative, and Chuck is the Chief White House Correspondent for NBC and a professor at Johns Hopkins. He also received fourth place among "the most left-biased American journalists."

My Dem pal has assured me that Romney doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning and will be beaten by Obama like a rented mule - at least by 20 points. So why don't we just call off the election? Think of all the money that could be saved!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)