jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (36 posts)

#1 on the NYT's bestseller list??

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

The Amateur, an attack on Obama. How did this get to be a bestseller? The author has already been discredited numerous times. Supposedly, he interviewed Obama's physician, who said Obama lacks empathy for others. Couldn't the doctor sue the author? The far right blogs are all abuzz with this and what the Kennedys have SUPPOSEDLY said about the POTUS. I think it's all a bunch of hype, and I don't like personal attacks like those I've seen from the book. Because this book has reached #1 status, I'm starting to see how much some people really HATE Obama. I don't agree with the POTUS often, but this hate is simply missplaced, and I think it's sad.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some people will publish whatever their little minds can think up.
      Because there are more willful ignorant than there are rational people. lol It's the only explanation which would fit.

And, yes it is a sad thing.

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Cags. Enjoying your weekend?

Hi Habee smile

Yes actually. It's a beautiful day, windows wide open and loving the fresh air. smile I certainly hope you're having a great weekend as well. smile

1. habee profile image89

I am. About to head to the pool - IF the sun and clouds will cooperate.

And leave the forums which has all these fascinating topics? You're kidding right. lol lol

*just kidding* Lucky you having a pool. I don't. sad

1. habee profile image89

lol

1. Teddletonmr profile image79
                  Teddletonmrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

habee make it a great weekend, hope you enjoy the pool and grandkids:)

1. habee profile image89

Thanks, Mike. If you lived closer, you could come over Monday for some ribs, chicken, pork chops, sausage, hot dogs, and pool fun!

2. tirelesstraveler profile image87
              tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have discovered some prejudices in my own psyche, but they don't have anything to do with Mr. "O"'s skin color.  I am jealous.  He has flown across the US more than I have this year.  I also wonder what you can feed people that would encourage them to pay $35,000 for dinner. Mr."O" has been to SF bay area twice this year for dinners like that. 
                Send some warm weather to Northern CA. Its been 67 here with 30mph winds that are freezing.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ed Klein is a hack who picks "facts" out of his ass...

1. fpherj48 profile image77
        fpherj48posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, thank you Uninvited....THAT explains it!! LOL....We seem to harvest a lot of that type in this world!!

Agreed. lol

2. habee profile image89

For real!

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't get some people.  Obama is a 'moderate' in the American political vacuum.  It doesn't make sense why some people go off on these weird tirades.  Attack him based on the fact that he didn't immediately end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, or that he signed the NDAA. 

Personal physician crap?  Even if it is true, it's the physician's personal opinion!  I'm not sure how much relevance it would even have to a Presidential election.

4. mio cid profile image62
      mio cidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

all I can say is ,just hang tight a little longer hopefully after the 2012 election you and the rest of the sane republicans will be able to have a voice again in that now deranged party and these things will again be not the norm but the exception.

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My sane Republican husband has come to the conclusion that the only way to rid the party of the crazies is to allow it to go down in a humiliating defeat.

He will be voting Obama again in 2012, and for Democratic legislators, as a protest against the Ryans in his party.

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

"Couldn't the doctor sue the author??"   I'm pretty sure the DOCTOR needs to worry.  HIPPA laws?  A Dr. being "interviewed" about a patient?....and making public statements?  I'm curious as to the official name of this medical test that measures the amount of empathy we have.  Of all the lab work and Xrays I've had.....my Dr. must have missed that one.  I certanly hope I don't have a diseased empathy gland.  Heaven forbid.
    I don't honestly BELIEVE for one second this author interviewed Obama's Dr.!! Whoever he (the author) is and whatever his ulterior motives are (Duh!)....he's either not very bright  OR he believes the rest of the world is stupid.
    As for being a best seller?  No pun intended, but it speaks volumes for the public's hunger for more and more trash....the tabloids are not satisfying enough anymore.  None of this surprises me, but like you, habee, it does disgust me.

1. habee profile image89

I thought that, too - a doc revealing private info about a patient. BIG no-no!

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Holle, I guess Americans like their smut however they can get it!  lol Between the Fifty Shades of Grey series taking the top 3 spots on combined print and E-books, and The Amateur, it's kind of kinky at the top!

Hey, I'm heading for poolside shortly, after a few more mundane chores.
    Enjoy the weekend!

4. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I swear, I think some people just thrive on hate and have a deep need of hating someone. Maybe I'm just too lazy to spend energy hating. lol

5. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

I can't refer to it as hating the President anymore, it's just plain racism! And when I call it racism, the response is always: I'm not racist, I have an African American friend. Yeah right! I thought this country was ready for a African American President. Boy was I wrong! The majority say they are voting for Romney, because they hate President Obama. Why don't those voters just stand up to plate and admit theyre racist!And the irony is they claim to be Christians? More like bigots!

1. lovemychris profile image79
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this
    2. habee profile image89

You're not saying that racism is the ONLY reason some people don't like Obama's policies, are you? If you're talking about HATING the man himself, you might be right.

1. profile image0
        screamingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was obvious prior to him becoming President, racism was a problem.In my area blacks were afraid to vote for him here in Georgia, for fear of losing their jobs. And every time a Obama for President sign went up in a yard, it was gone the next day. And here we are 4 years later and racism is still a factor.

1. habee profile image89

My aunt lives up the street from me, and she had an Obama sign in her yard. No one messed with it. You didn't really answer my question, though. I'm not racist, but I didn't vote for Obama. There are white Dems I didn't vote for, either. There are also white Repubs I didn't vote for.

1. profile image0

No many don't like his policies, but given the history of racism in this country (and yes it does exist and becomng more prevelant today) many if not half or more are voting against a African American President.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83

But don't you know, it's Obama's fault for being divisive...

1. profile image0

Divisive? He was attacked out of the gate. You can't fix stupid and you can't fix people who are racist. You can only hope one day, their kids will follow a different path and racism will end. I can hope. And for the record I'm white.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83

I was being sarcastic about that smile

1. profile image0

@Univited Writer, My response was in general. I apologize if you took it as me attacking.

2. habee profile image89

I pretty much agree with that. Racism is alive and well in the Deep South - I wrote a hub about it. My pals from IN say it's still kicking in that state, too.

6. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Habee, most of us don't hate obama the man, we just dislike the path he has taken this country and what's worse, the path he intends to take it if reelected.  More and more people are realizing that the government is controlling our lives much more than we could ever imagine or desire.  obama is the face of the government.  I do not like that the Dems and the prez treat regular people like they do not have a clue about how to run their own lives and he knows what's better for us than we do.
    Speaking for myself, I know what's best for me and I make my choices accordingly.  If I make the wrong choice, I take responsibility for that and do not expect others to bail me out.  Unfortunately, I appear to be in the minority at this time.  With about 50% of Americans getting some sort of government check, it's not likely to change any time soon.

1. habee profile image89

I understand that, but there are some who hate the man. And for those people, I think much of it has to do with his skin color. It's fine to disagree with his views and actions, but I still think he deserves respect as the POTUS and as a human being. I can like and respect him as a person and still disagree with his views and vote for someone else.

7. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

I saw a video on the internet yesterday...the Republican Georgia asembly...

They were going on and on about the NDAA...how they would put it in their platform that they could not vote for anyone who supported it....

Ooops, until it came up that Mitt Romney would have signed it too! THEN the whole game changed.

And, for you tea-party types...Allen West also supports the NDAA.

AS did Bush, Reagan, Nixon....all former presidents have signed it.

Better be careful whaich nails you choose to hammer Obama with.

working