jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Is Mitt Romney a pantywaist?

1. Credence2 profile image85
    Credence2posted 4 years ago

Why is Mitt Romney having his fund raiser in association with Donald Trump? By doing so, he frightens independents and moderates through his very association with this birther advocate, a concept that even Karl Rove says is 'dead on arrival' Perhaps Romney plans to give Mr. Trump a cabinet position if he wins, I certainly hope that it is not Secy of State.

He gives the appearance that to placate the rabid right he will run off those that could find him a viable alternative to President Obama. So Romney writes off any opportunity to siphon any votes from the other side. Romney eats from Trump's hand like a pony would take sugar from my hand, there is a lacking of conjones in his very bearing. He says that he wants to move away from the Rev Wright issue in attacking Obama, is aasociation with Donald Trump any more prudent?

So what are your thoughts?

To my loyal followers, I have been away for awhile, recently moving from fully retired to semi-retired and finding myself in a pinch for time. But the return to normalcy is in full swing.

1. American View profile image60
      American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My friend, it is good to see you. I was actually wondering earlier this week that I had not seen you around in a while and was hoping all is fine with you.

Obviously Romney will not turn down a fundraiser from anybody who backs him. Trump came out last February and endorsed Romney. Let's face it, if Trump was backing Obama, you know Obama would show up for fundraiser. Unfortunately that is the nature of politics today.

It equates to Obama trashing Wall Street and bankers yet he has two of the biggest venture capitalists on Wall Street as his fundraisers for the campaign. Like I said though take money from wherever it comes, no honor among these guys anymore, actually, two there was

Good to see you back here, you take care

1. Credence2 profile image85
        Credence2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

AV, I knew that I can always count on you!  Thanks for your welcome. Are you keeping everything in a piece in Big D? 

I know that it is all politics, but anybody, anybody, not Donald Trump. His visability and contentiousness are well known. Trump unlike the others, has quite a bit of negative light on him.  For any political party, association with Donald Trump is toxic in a way others could not imitate. As a minority even if I had no party affiliation, I would take offense at Trump's baseless attacks on the President's point of origin and his educational background  The fact that Romney shimies up to DT, seems to be sending me and those like me a message. Romney would do well to stick with the issues and avoid the side show that detracts from the moderate message he is going to need to deliver if he wants to win next fall.

AV, thanks again....

1. American View profile image60
          American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, Trump = Toxic

I also agree Romney needs to keep up with keeping away from the birther and the college records issues. While I believe that they are legitimate issues, the time to have vetted those has passed. They should have been investigated better four years ago, it's time to move on. There is plenty to discuss about Obama's performance over the last 3 1/2 years, that is what Romney should focus half of his campaign on, the other half should be focusing on telling the American people in detail how he plans to be an effective President.