jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do the Republicans support Wall Street or public employees?

1. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Seems the latest attack will be on public employee pension funds in many states. If you work as a public employee for any state office, school, fire department, police department, etc, what is your input?

1. twosheds1 profile image60
      twosheds1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I used to be employed at a community college in Ohio. The Rethuglicans want pension funds (which are funded with money from employees) privatized, which would mean giving the money to their Wall St. cronies. It's yet another example of socializing the risks and costs, but privatizing the profits.

2. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

I believe it's an attack! Get rid of all the regulations, dismantle the middle class as we knew it, and replace it with wealthy corporate control over all aspects of the working public!

3. jacharless profile image82
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Public employees work for companies.
    Most companies are publicly traded and/or regulated by the Fed via stocks, municipal bonds, etc. All employees, therefore, are at the mercy of the Fed, regardless of CR, minimum wage or union.

If America, and its supporters dissolve the supposed middle class, which is actually barely above poverty class, the whole system would collapse. I do not say this as a bad thing...

Occupy Wall Street? Ha! Occupy Main Street is more like it. 99% of the OWC protesters buy products or work for Wall Street based companies. It is the oxymoron of all time.

1. twosheds1 profile image60
      twosheds1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you have any evidence to supporty any of your assertions?