What is wrong with open carry?

1. Josak profile image60
    Josakposted 4 years ago

It seems that many people are talking about whether concealed carry should be legal and particularly in respect to the Martin and Zimmerman case, my question is simply how is concealed carry better than open carry? I think the Martin death would have been prevented if he had seen that Zimmerman had a gun and I question why you need to hide your gun if it is for legal purposes. I open carry when my business takes me down to the docks late at night since I was mugged there once and I am pretty sure it has prevented some trouble. So why not open carry?

2. Bob Zermop profile image91
    Bob Zermopposted 4 years ago

I see nothing wrong with open carry. In fact, I have yet to hear a coherent argument against it.

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

One tab open or reveal their weapons while in public but alas we have an atmosphere of distrust which is to say the public doesn't know if one carrying a weapon is a good guy or a bad guy. Usually the police has already made up their mind when approaching someone with a weapon even if they have holstered their gun the police will be pointing their guns at them.

I'm not sure if you recall a time when guys specifically used to drive around in their pickup trucks with one or two rifles on a gun rack in the back window. This particular situation takes on new meaning when one is riding behind these guys in their truck while traveling a dark long stretch of roadway.