Stuyvesant Protest Leads to 'Slutty Wednesdays'

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

By Sami K. Martin , Christian Post Contributor
    June 8, 2012|8:27 am
    Students at Stuyvesant High School in New York are protesting the dress code, enacted last fall, in order to better express themselves. The result has led to one form of protest known as "Slutty Wednesday," which is growing among the 3,300 students.
    As it stands, students found in violation of the school's dress code are forced to wear oversize gray T-shirts. The rules state that shorts, dresses, and skirts should reach the end of the fingertips when extended straight down; no clothing that exposes "shoulders, undergarments, midriffs, or lower backs" is allowed, and any clothing with words or art must "be in good taste." … ays-76290/
    I write about dress codes and as a former teacher, I still believe they are needed and are for the best interests of the students learning

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

i agree about dress codes....for me...there was a code, i wore a uniform and the problem was that i had to kneel every school morning and my kilt had to touch the was ridiculous the aftermath of the peace love age.   i recall having a teacher (civilian) chase me out the front door of the school because i had my jeans on underneath my kilt at the end of the was cold outside...again, it was ridiculous!...i was taught by nuns primarily!..

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

forgot to