jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Sarah Palin rips Liberal Media for not vetting Obama

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

For those who wonder what the former Alaska wondergov has been up to, here's a peek.
    Note that SP looks more like a movie star than ever. She's being handled, all right!
    Note that she is great at preaching to and whipping up the choir -- in this case right wing bloggers.
    Note that you didn't have to see the movie "Game Change" to find it ironic that this former veep candidate, who self-destructed in her media interview and, it turns out, was improperly vetted herself by the McCain campaign, would be talking about vetting and the media not doing their job!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … chine.html

On Friday night Former Governor Sarah Palin (R-Alaska) delivered a fiery speech that ripped the media for not vetting then-Senator Barack Obama. Palin spoke to the Right Online conference in Las Vegas.

Palin drove her point home about the media not vetting Obama when she went on a riff of "if the media had done their job ..."

"You do what the old media won't do and can't do and that's tell the truth," Palin said. However, Palin had slight praise for member of the media who don't want to a member of "Makecrapupistan."

Palin praised Matt Drudge of the Drudge Report for being a pioneer who first reported stories that the media ignored, namely the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

"I have learned in the last four years or so, it doesn’t do any good to personally complain about the untruths told by the old media. I might as well save my breath. Shoot, by now I should have been divorced how many times? Under FBI investigation. Living in the Hamptons. It still is a great mystery who really is Trig Paxon Van Palin’s real mother," Palin told the audience.

Palin ended the speech with her signature line: "Don't retreat. Reload with that inspiration."

Thanks to the Right Scoop for capturing the full speech

1. Chris Dane profile image61
      Chris Daneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, come on now, guys! Sarah Palin is awesome. Every time she speaks, a Democrat gets elected. She used to be a Democrat. I think that she, Rick Perry (another Democrat) and George W. Bush all had a secret meeting in the early 90's and decided to bring down the GOP from the inside. How's that for a conspiracy theory? It fits the facts!

1. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Seems about right.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image88
    crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago

I agree 100 percent. I just watched the McCain movie about her and she was something else indeed. Can you believe she actually said you can see Russia from Alaska. The McCain camp knew real early into it that they had messed up.

If Palin is an example of the Tea Party then we live in a very sad messed up country. You know what really amazes me is that so many people will support her and not read her record. As a mayor of Wasilla and later Governor of Alaska she left a lot to be desired. Read the record people. Its out there.

I don't support either of our fine parties. Or their candidates. I will most likely vote for the Green Party. I know it's a wasted vote but I consider a vote for either the Republicans or Democrats to be a wasted vote.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, you CAN see Russia from Alaska:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ … laska.html

But SP is still a dingbat.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would politely call SP extremely challenged if you know what I mean!  SP is truly a lost soul.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image88
        crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I liked that and yes she is a dingbat. Thanks.