jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

This is what happens when you say "NO" to bank bailouts and the IMF.

1. sannyasinman profile image85
    sannyasinmanposted 4 years ago

Disaster and armaggedon? Watch this short video to find out  . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64eI831e … r_embedded

1. bgamall profile image87
      bgamallposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Iceland was a small country. The bigger countries that are being oppressed by the financial system are afraid to leave the Eurozone.

I believe that the financial system is the final oppressive system that will usher in the end of the world. JMO. smile

I also believe that this financial system destroys the sovereignty of nations just like the Roman Empire destroyed the sovereignty of nations and became the most mighty empire.

2. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Hi, sannyasinman - I tried to watch this video, I really did!  I have seen another one of those posted by TheYoungTurks, and I actually appreciated the other one, even though I didn't agree with all of it.  It was a good way to see or hear a different perspective on whatever the issue was.

My problem with this one was that the bizarre subtitles were and are too distracting.  I kept wanting to contact someone to say, "You're confusing people!!!  Give me five minutes and I can do a better job!"  I peered into the comment section to see whether anyone else had commented on the subtitles (and on the comments I saw there was no mention of them). 

But then I got sidetracked again - this time by a comment that said "Canada is speaking of joining the USA" - and I am wondering what the heck they meant!?!?  Was that commenter speaking of Canada imitating the policies of the USA? "Joining" certainly sounds like something stronger, but it may have referred to a previous comment that I hadn't read.

Anyway, I'll try again later to watch this video.  If you know anywhere I could view a copy without the subtitles, I would appreciate knowing it.  There's enough Twilight Zone in the world already without that mess.  lol ! lol ! lol !

3. maxoxam41 profile image80
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

In one of my hubs I underlined the death of capitalism and encouraged the overtaking of a Keynesian policy to cure our economy. Today thanks to your video, it demonstrates that the fear mongering won't work anymore (bailout of our banks) since other solutions exist to topple the failure of capitalism. Iceland proved everybody that first capitalism doesn't work, secondly that the trouble makers (banks) have to be eliminated, that austerity has NEVER been the solution!