jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Are you a Fashion Victim?

1. 0
    ksinllposted 4 years ago

12 Magazine, A Bulgarian fashion magazine, with images of beautiful women that have been severely injured or hurt.  To see a discussion of these pictures as well as some samples of what appeared in the magazine follow this link: http://jezebel.com/5916650/fashions-ong … gallery/1.  What is your opinion of this ad: is it high art or offensive?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

A fashion victim? No.

I followed the link you provided and viewed the pictures on the article. However, since they are pictures, which could have been prearranged to show violence.

Would it be called art? Who knows. There's a lot called art, but I wouldn't call it beautiful or even talent.

1. 0
      ksinllposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes the women were not harmed in the pictures, it is all special effects with the use of make-up.  Meant to make fun of the term "fashion victim".  I'm a little uneasy with using representations of badly injured women to make a point, though.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure the pictures were used to make a point. However, fashion is so subjective that anything that site tries to do is only going to point out how subjective fashion and/or art is.

working