jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Fast & Furious--Obmama set to take our guns away

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

Luckily I tuned into Fox News to find why Obama is using Executive Privilege to block Congress from hearing about Fast & Furious, the gun-running program. What I learned was that Obama took advantage of a Bush program to follow gangsters buying guns in the U.S.. The deal was to spy on them when they took the guns to Mexico. The supposed reason was to discover what cartel they worked for and bust them. But now I know the real reason.

Fast & Furious was set up to make so many assault guns available on the black market that Congress would act to repeal the 2nd Amendment right to own one. I wouldn’t have believed it but I say the testimony of a couple of Congressmen. Wow. Take our guns. No wonder Congress is going to find the Attorney General guilty of conspiracy. It’s probably enough to impeach Obama, right?

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't buy it at all, I think every politicians with as much savvy as Obama or indeed anyone who is smart enough to get their way into the presidency knows that messing with gun rights will lose you your job in a heartbeat, if I remember correctly the greatest imposition on second amendment rights ever was made by Reagan?  There is no way that Obama with a position as tenuous as his will touch gun rights with a ten foot pole, it's bad politics. It's just more right wing paranoia, yesterday they were sure that Obama had bombed five hundred peaceful conservative protestors because the KGB (disbanded in 1991) said so.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Obama should already be impeached. The irony is that most people fail to see why.

Obama has set NDAA in place. A violation of people's rights.

Not to mention, Bush's Patriot Act was extended(or if want re-signed) by Obama and remains in place. This is also a violation of people's rights.

Impeach him? Impeach all of Congress and HIM!

3. Bob Zermop profile image90
    Bob Zermopposted 4 years ago

Though I don't really buy the 2nd Amendment repeal conspiracy, there clearly have been far too many overreaches by the government in recent years.

Like the previous post by Cagsil says, the NDAA is here. The Patriot Act is still alive. SOPA and PIPA, though I don't think they ever really had a chance, were at least proposed.There are people actually disputing the 2nd Amendment, apparently forgetting why it's necessary.

Come on, Americans. These rights were hard won; don't give them up. If rights aren't fought for they will slowly disappear, one by one.