jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Something we can all agree on - maybe!

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Dems and Repubs are both doing it, and I think it stinks!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ … rc=al_excl

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

2. Teddletonmr profile image82
      Teddletonmrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It just seems to me, Greedy Dem and Republican Lawyers sad feel they are entitled to all they can beg, borrow and steal..

3. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most countries have made this specifically illegal, when i was in Australia a few years back a minister was fired for this exact offense.

4. Ann1Az2 profile image60
      Ann1Az2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

When a politician decides to serve his public, I think at that point, buying and selling of stock should not be allowed. If he or she wants to be a stockbroker, then fine, just stay out of politics. Otherwise, they should concentrate on representing their voters, not making money from stocks.

5. 0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great evidence to show that campaign contributions should not be unlimited.  The Supremely idiot Court of the U.S. seems unable to see it though!

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

What else is new? hmm

3. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

That is not surprising to me.  I would only be surprised if they did nothing with that info.

4. freetowrite profile image75
    freetowriteposted 4 years ago

I love this country, I really do.......but it has nothing to do with these turds in D.C.!

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I had the same reaction.

6. mts1098 profile image85
    mts1098posted 4 years ago

No-one governs the government...perhaps that is the problem

1. Budget Equestrian profile image79
      Budget Equestrianposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Excellent point!

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

(after reading the article) This kind of trade is not allowed in Australian Politics at any level. This constitutes a conflict of interest and is defined by either divesting of all business interests (sell shares) or get out of politics!

8. Budget Equestrian profile image79
    Budget Equestrianposted 4 years ago

I think it's profoundly sad that no one who's replied to this thread, myself included, is surprised by the lack of ethical behavior displayed by our lawmakers.  We don't expect much from them, do we.

9. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

The USA is officially a corporatocracy  run by corporateers. Since corporates as legal persons have been gaining more and more constitutional rights such as money as free speech. Perhaps by the year 2024, it'll be President Walmart.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

++++++ a multillion times!

10. Ralph Deeds profile image68
    Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago

Insider trading is rampant all over the market, not just in Congress. That's why buying individual stocks is a loser's game for ordinary folks.

1. Ann1Az2 profile image60
      Ann1Az2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I never could really understand how people in management of big corporations could NOT have inside information. For instance, if the president of a company knows a stock is going to split - knows it, but didn't cause it, what is he supposed to do with his stock? Ignore it and lose money? That kind of goes against human nature. On the other had, if he deals with it and amasses a fortune, that isn't right, either because he got it with information others didn't have.

I agree with you in that the stock market is for the rich.