jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you seen the movie "41"?

1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 4 years ago

It's about Poppy Bush. I never really realized what a great man he is. While he was POTUS, I was too busy finishing my degree, working, and rearing three kids. I didn't become a political junkie until after I retired.

Agree or disagree with his politics, Bush #1 loved the USA and served his country admirably.

1. myownlife profile image59
      myownlifeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not yet, must be something special, I have to go for it.

2. masescobar profile image60
      masescobarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree...

3. wetbaknproud profile image76
      wetbaknproudposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I plan to see it he is a man with enormous knowledge and a good person, and to this day I'm still waiting for the people who used to trash him for not "FINISHING THE JOB"in irak to publicly apologize and reconize he knew what he was doing or better yet, not doing.

2. carol3san profile image61
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

I agree.

3. Teddletonmr profile image82
    Teddletonmrposted 4 years ago

I believe Bush 41 the elder statesman simply loved his country, wanted to protect its peoples from harm and made no apologies that weaken the nation.
    I find it interesting how living life, rearing children and managing a household and its family has a profound effect on our political views.
    Let us face it, while attending college we find ourselves being force-feed the political views of some leftist radical thinking prof with an ax to grind. Going on about apathy, social issues and those GD republicans wanting to impose their will on the people, right to life, the second amendment, and the belief and trust in God.
    History not learned from is destined to repeat itself smile

4. Angela Blair profile image87
    Angela Blairposted 4 years ago

I've always admired him greatly. Some friends of mine run a BBQ place and apparently Bush the elder and his wife occasionally come in the restaurant as they're BBQ fans. I'm told they're the typical little, old couple, she fusses at him about the little things and he poo-poos everything she says. Apparently they're both friendly and approachabe at the restaurant. We've been saddened to learn of his failing health here lately -- hopefully he's improved since the last report. I've not seen the movie but intend to.