jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Terrible Night.

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Last night in front of my home, a young couple broke down.   They started fighting.  The end result is that the young man ran in to a busy street.  Many cars avoided him, until.  Another young man did not see him.  He died.

Such a tragedy.  I will never forget the sound of the girl screaming.

One individual, not only ended his own life, but also altered the course of two others very dramatically.  How does the girl and the young man that was driving ever recover from such an experience?

fyi: the scenario is 100% fact  sad

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. AEvans profile image74
        AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

She will have to eventually come to terms that it was an accident. I hope she does not blame herself; for the actions of her boyfriend. He was not thinking clearly and ran into the busy street instead of up the street on a sidewalk.

The driver didn't do anything wrong either, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. sad I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy in your neighborhood. How sad.

How are you handling the situation? You to have been traumatized?

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
          Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am fine. 

I know the boys father, just received news.  Dad overdosed overnight, and from what I have heard from family friends, has passed. 

The boy was arguing with dad, who owns a vehicle garage.  Dad refused to come out to help him, broken down with his fiance.  The fiance is missing, she walked away from the scene all alone at around 3 am.

Friends are searching for her.

I will not cross the street as I have been told it is an ugly scene!

News trucks out there all morning.

2. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Life is filled with death.  We merely don't observe most of it when it happens.  It's probably a good thing.  Sorry you witnessed such a sad event.  sad

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

Oh that is awful for all concerned-
    It is difficult to know what to say, except sorry and I hope you can come to terms with it

3. PrettyPanther profile image88
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

A terrible night indeed, for so many people.  sad

4. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

It has been a tough month.  A few weeks ago I received a call at around midnight.  My daughter was being airlifted to a hospital.

She was in a car accident.  Her boyfriend was evading police, reaching speeds of over 100 mph, in a 30mph area.  The officer stopped pursuing, yet the kid ended up rolling the vehicle five times coming to rest on the foundation of someones home.

The kid left my daughter in the vehicle and ran from the scene, and got away.

My daughter is fine, a little bruised but fine and extremely lucky.  She is the person picking up the charges though.  He ran from the scene due to a warrant.  One week later he was arrested on the warrant, the dirtbag!

Really been a tough month sad

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Those are two very terrible, heartbreaking and stressful experiences.  I'm sorry for what you've experienced, what your daughter went through, and for the very tragic incident that took the life of that young man.  Hang in there, Dear Friend.

2. 0
      Longhunterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Glad to hear your daughter is, while bruised, otherwise fine. Once you know she's okay, the rest is just "stuff." Been there.

Hang in there, RB.