jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Mitt Romney and his health care in Massachusetts

1. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Romney argued and won that the individual mandate was absolutely the heart of a successful health care plan in his state. Now he says differently?

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
      Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

1. Quilligrapher profile image88
        Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Amen, Brother Bytes!

2. cynthtggt profile image80
      cynthtggtposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mitt Romney was for Massachusetts.  On a federal level, we're dealing with a terrific monster.  This is a tax, after all, don't you know?  That George Will, a conservative, would praise it and yet you do not understand why he does means you are missing the forest in the trees.  Do you know what I mean?  Think a little deeper and you might just get it.  Hint:  If I were a liberal, I would be very concerned.

1. 0
        screamingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tne explain to me how taxes on middle class are going up? I see in the bill where capital gain tax is going up on the wealthy. But nothing on middle class. And the scare tactic of IRS is just that, a scare tactic. If people took the time to research the healthcare bill you will find, at best, the Republicans are lying about what's in the bill in a desperate attempt to get Romney elected!

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
          Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They've been lying about it since 2009 in a desperate (now increasingly desperate) attempt to make Obama a one-term president.

Bonus ridiculousness (here often spelled REDiculousness) that the GOP candidate turned out to be Romney, who happened to have crafted and implemented a successful model for ACA in his state while governor. How totally bizarre that he not only can't take credit for Romneycare, but must disown and castigate it completely.
          I'm waiting for him to claim he never even was governor of Massachusetts.

3. MarleneB profile image95
      MarleneBposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The dynamics of my household is, most likely different from the dynamics of your household, therefore, what works for my household may not work for your household.

I am all for each state deciding how they want their state to be run. If Massachusetts wants statewide healthcare, more power to them. Each state seems to have its own little quirks, likes, and dislikes. What works for them may not work for all states. So, making it a federal law and taxing all states seems unrighteous to me. I am all for letting universal healthcare be decided on a state-by-state basis.  I'm thinking that's how Romney sees it, too.

2. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 4 years ago

Ron Paul could still become president...he doesn't lie like Romney and Obama

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You wanna bet?

2. harmony155 profile image85
      harmony155posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really? You think Paul has a chance??