Liberal Quotes and Analysis
Liberal Quotes and Analysis
One of my better qualities is to look at what both sides say about a given issue or a topic. I usually end up agreeing with the conservative view, but I think of it as important to see what the other side thinks. Going hand in hand with that is what the leaders, politicians, and those most closely identified with an ideology say during speeches and interviews. As someone who reads and watches countless things about politics, I have seen my fair share of some of the most troubling and outrageous liberal quotes. Below I have comprised my list, from various sources, of the ten most outrageous and troublesome quotes by liberals. After giving the quote, I give my analysis of it and its impact on America.
1) "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." – President Barack Obama
- I find this one as the most revealing quote and the most outrageous. The people that Obama is talking about are the middle class back bone of this country and he views them with such disdain. These are the very people who are hurting the most from his economic plans. I think this is how Mr. Obama views a large chunk of America and it is sad.
2) "Bush is an incompetent leader. In fact, he's not a leader,'' – Speaker Nancy Pelosi "President Bush is a liar"- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
- I joined two quotes together because these same two individuals are in charge of Congress. These quotes, regardless of your political ideology, are classless and rude. A sitting member of Congress should not say these about the sitting President of the United States. I guarantee you that if a Republican had said this; it would be completely blown out of proportion. No wonder these two boneheads’ approval ratings are in the toilet.
3) “I think when you spread the wealth around it is good for everybody.” President Barack Obama to Joe the Plummer
- This single quote describes how President Obama and the Democrats in Congress view their role. Their economic policy and tax policy all stem from wanting to take the money from the “haves” and give to the “have nots.” Since the election Americans have been able to see these changes in government. This is truly creeping socialism.
4) "Not only did the tax cut fail to prevent a recession, as its supporters said it would, it probably made the recession worse." -former Senator Tom Daschle
- Tom Daschle, thank God, is no longer in office. What he said is the complete lie. I think he should be asking President Obama and his own party about what is making the recession worse. Something tells me it is government intervention and increased taxes. All this coming from the guy who doesn’t even pay his taxes!
5) "Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won't tell you. I just did." -Former Vice President Walter Mondale
- Hindsight is 20/20 huh? Mr. Mondale told a complete lie to the American people, but people saw through it and reelected Ronald Reagan. Interesting that the former Democratic nominee admitted he would raise taxes. If only the whole party would fess up.
6) "Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future."- former President Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Carter is one of the worst president’s in American history and the worst in modern times. He accomplished nothing of substance in office and actually hurt the country more than he helped. His comments on Republicans show how completely tactless he is. The American people rebuked him by kicking him out of office and putting Reagan in. So much for narrow vision huh?
7) "We need to change our ethic and aspire to be more Canadian-like."- Michael Moore
- I only included Michael Moore because his films are praised by Democrats and he has emerged as a force in the party. My real opinion is he is nothing but a hateful person. He is a filmmaker who specializes in distorting what people say, just take a look at one of his works, and peddles in hate.
8) "The greatest crime since World War II has been U.S. foreign policy."- former Attorney General Ramsey Clark
- Since Clark left office, he really went off the deep end. Proof: He was Saddam Hussein’s defense attorney. Liberals are afraid of engaging in a strong foreign policy, so they seek to attack what they are afraid of.
9) "He's (Osama bin Laden) been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day-care facilities, building health-care facilities, and these people are extremely grateful. We haven't done that." - Senator Patty Murray
- I am not sure what is worse. 1) Senator Murray is complimenting Osama bin Laden just a few weeks after 9/11 or 2) She thinks it is our job to provide other countries with the above listed items or 3) Murray said this to school children.
10) "I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists." Jane Fonda
- The only thing that I am getting on my knees to pray for is that you go away, Hanoi Jane. She truly is a traitor to this country and if she likes what other countries espouse, then why doesn’t she do us all a favor and move there?
I think the quotes that I put together really show a few things about modern liberal ideology. I think it shows how radical and out of touch it can be. It also shows us what liberals are actually saying. All of these people are still alive, believe in these things, and many of them still hold office. Pay attention folks, because these quotes are a reflection of where many of these people’s heads are at.
- Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth About Climate Change
Well, Al Gore sure has gone off the deep end. The former Democratic Presidential nominee recently compared the “battle” against climate change to World War II and fighting the Nazi’s. …
- Obama's honeymoon is over
All indicators show that President Obama’s honeymoon period with the press and with Americans may be coming to an end. Over the past week, events have taken place at home and abroad that seem to have shaken everyone lose from their …
- Center-Right America
More by this Author
Alexis de Tocqueville’s political masterpiece, “Democracy in America”, touches on several core themes that define the main messages of the book. The most important one of these is based on equality in...
The purpose of this essay is to analyze the presidency of Herbert Hoover using various political models and to determine whether his ranking in presidential history is fair or not. President Herbert Hoover was elected...
“And the Band Played On” was an extraordinarily powerful movie giving a detailed account of the outbreak of the AIDS epidemic in the United States through the eyes of many different individuals. Several...