Republican Quotes and Analysis
Republican Quotes and Analysis
This is a look at some of the quotes that have come out of the Republican Party over the past twenty years or so. They are intelligent, truthful, and reflect where the party stands currently. Some, even though were said years ago, provide insight into problems we have today and are useful reminders. The Republican Quotes below are my ten favorite after going through various sources over my readings.
1) "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I am from the government and I am here to help." President Ronald Reagan
- This quote has always infuriated liberals because they favor big government. Never have these words been truer than in the political climate we are in. We are in one of the largest governmental increases in American history. Government is slowly taking over the economy and healthcare is next on the hit list. This quote is a reflection about how millions of people feel about that.
2) "Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done." President George W. Bush
- President Bush may not have been the best orator, but when he said something he was blunt. This quote truly symbolizes the determination of a man to get those people who commit evil acts. Justice is something that liberals often lack the courage to go after and is one of the pillars of the Republican Party.
3) “I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.” President Ronald Reagan
- This further reinforces the notion that big government is not necessary. President Obama and the Democrats are attempting to take over the healthcare system and just passed the cap and trade bill. The whole purpose of that bill is to have control over what we can and cannot do. We the people do not need protection.
4) “It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.” Vice President Dick Cheney
- Many people often espouse political thoughts without realizing the consequences of their actions. Americans are a privileged people and we want to spread our way of life around the world. This quote shows how we can forget the things we take for granted because we have always had them.
5) “We're no longer staring into the abyss of defeat and we can now look ahead to the genuine prospect of success.” Senator John McCain
- Senator McCain said this when it was finally realized that the troop surge is working in Iraq. Americans were beginning to give up home and the Democrats wanted to cut and run. Because of determined leadership, we were able to turn things around and provide democracy for a country that has never had it and honor our men and women in uniform by getting the job done.
6) “Hopefully, we can build bridges, but we also have to draw lines.” Senator Fred Thompson
- This quote, while blunt, is what Republicans stand for. We are open to bipartisanship, but some things are just too extreme. Now, more than ever before, we need to draw a line in the sand to stop the destruction of our country from within.
7) “If you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything.” Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- America is a place for opportunity, where anyone can work hard for success. Governor Schwarzenegger is a prime example of arriving here as an immigrant. The important thing is to play by the rules, a concept many forget.
8) “Let me tell you who we conservatives are: we love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups. We don't see victims.” Radio Host Rush Limbaugh
- Rush Limbaugh has had controversy surrounding things that he says, but this is the best statement of what a conservative is. We are some of the nicest people you will meet, who are principled and average people.
9) “Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy.” Mayor Rudy Giuliani
- This quote is a direct attack against President Obama and current Democratic thought. Ideas matter and promising vague things and offering false hope is not the way to govern. Believing in these things has come back to bite us, because our country is struggling right now.
10) “But here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion — I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people.” Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
- Sarah Palin shows us what Republicans are all about. We are often the victims of bad press and degradation. The politicians are going there to serve and this quote captures the essence of what we are all about.
These Republican quotes show us that there are principled leaders within this party. Many of them are controversial and may not be the most popular, but they have principles and love this country. All of those quotes capture not only the spirit of the party, but in many respects, the spirit of the nation.
- Center-Right America
- The political climate today: Republicans versus Democrats
Looking at the Republican Party today, one immediately realizes that the political party has certainly fallen from grace over the past few election cycles. Democrats, across the country and at all levels, have wiped …
More by this Author
Alexis de Tocqueville’s political masterpiece, “Democracy in America”, touches on several core themes that define the main messages of the book. The most important one of these is based on equality in...
The purpose of this essay is to analyze the presidency of Herbert Hoover using various political models and to determine whether his ranking in presidential history is fair or not. President Herbert Hoover was elected...
“And the Band Played On” was an extraordinarily powerful movie giving a detailed account of the outbreak of the AIDS epidemic in the United States through the eyes of many different individuals. Several...