10 Phrases That "I" Guarantee That All Newlyweds Will Hear In Their Marriage
There they are. A man and woman deeply in-love. Can't get an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper between them.It's all kissy-kissy, holding hands and only having eyes for each other.
Then, something mysterious happens that no one can explain. Some call it complacency. Some call it "taken for granted," while some daring souls call it "sheer boredom."
I say that if a newlywed couple WILL NOT use ANY of the 10 phrases below this photo, then the chances of them having a long marriage are great.
A HAPPILY-MARRIED MAN
MORE LOOKS AT MARRIAGES WITH AND WITHOUT "MY" 10 GUARANTEED PHRASES
THESE FIVE THINGS WILL BE SAID BY HUSBANDS TO THEIR WIVES IN THEIR MARRIAGE AND THEN "SPARKS WILL FLY" . . .
1. "Be there in a minute, hun," - yeah. What do you consider a minute, buddy, a half-hour? Your wife needs you. Why do you think she called you to begin with?
2. "Do what?" - a husband, newly-married or veteran, will surely say this phrase when he simply forgets something his caring wife has asked him to do such as fix a squeaking cabinet door.
3. "When this game is over!" - what's more important, your marriage or the outcome of the current Super Bowl (between the New England Patriots or the Seattle Seahawks?) I am honest, guys. Put your wife first and you will enjoy a lot more sports without arguments.
4. "Gotta work late again." - Oh really? You couldn't put off that last page of your precious presentation to be given to your boss the next morning to eat a delicious, home-cooked meal by your lovely bride? Get smart, men. Wives rule.
5. "You look good in anything." - men, if you say this phrase, you give your wife the signal that you are not paying any attention to her. Just take time to look her over in her new dress and say, "turn around again," and then say, "sa-weet!" What a great night you will have.
THESE FIVE THINGS WILL BE SAID BY WIVES TO THEIR HUSBANDS IN THEIR MARRIAGE AND THEN "SPARKS WILL FLY" . . .
1. "Can't you shave closer?" - girls, maybe your new bridegroom can't shave any closer due to the fact that he doesn't have a new razor. Just mention in a loving way, "dear one, on your way home tonight, be sure to read this list with ONE ITEM on it . . .Gillette razors for you to get a cleaner, closer shave.
2. "I am calling daddy. He will know what to do." - girls, when you say this to your man, well, he will be hurt badly because you don't trust his mechanical ability or some other manly-area of his life. Give the poor guy a chance before you call daddy. I promise you that your hubby will not be distant and stand-offish.
3. "You never take me anywhere." - and you will be right to say this, but say it this way, "dear, why don't we go to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Appreciation Night at Hooters tonight? I will buy!" Before you know it, you are there. Then during the Cowboys Cheerleaders Appreciation Night, just whisper that you need to go to the dress shop to get a new wardrobe. He will melt like hot butter.
4. "I wish I had married 'Todd'!" - why? Was 'Todd' richer? Better looking? You made your choice to marry your husband, "Bill," who is now a bit out of shape, doesn't romance you like he did when you were dating, but he IS a good provider, he is faithful to you and doesn't drink or beat you up. Consider the words before they leave your mouth.
5. "If I want something done, I have to do it myself." - a man needs a bit of explanation of the task you ask of him. For example. You say, "bring me 'that' hammer," and you own 13 hammers. Your poor, confused husband doen't know if you want a certain hammer or just "a" hammer out of the 13 hammers. Be specific. He will appreciate it. And the tension will be null.
Excuse me. My wife is calling.
"Be right there, dear."
And I am.
A HAPPILY MARRIED GIRL
More by this Author
Guys, which is the most-dangerous, a keg of dynamite with the fuse burning, or an angry girl who is angry because you asked her the wrong question? If you need me to tell you, you best read this story.
Just because a guy kisses a girl without her slapping him does not mean that he knows everything about the art of kissing to make girls happy.
Yes, "we" talk funny in the South. Need proof? Just read this hub.