How Not to Talk to a Woman: 10 Things You Shouldn't Say
The 10 No-No's
- "Your smell makes me want to hurl."
- "I'd hit that." (in reference to her mother)
- "If only you were half as hot as your friend."
- "Oh, dear God. Put the panties back on."
- "Don't worry, it's not you. It's me and the fact that I don't like you."
- "Could we euthanize the dog?"
- "I'm hoping you look better after another drink."
- "If I could actually get my arms around you, I'd give you that hug."
- "My last girlfriend did it (whatever it is) way better than that."
- "You're just like your mom."
Although I only list ten things here, there are actually many, many things that you do not want to say to a woman.
Women are notoriously sensitive about certain subjects.
However, generalizing about things you don't want to say about women is no more beneficial than generalizing about things you don't want to say to a man.
Certain things, nobody wants to hear.
That being said, there are definitely certain things particular to women that make them more upset than if the same thing were said to a man. So there you have it.
Here are 10 things you don't want to say to a woman. Should you decide to test the waters and say one of these things to a woman, you do so at your peril.
Don't Say It!
- "Your smell makes me want to hurl." If you don't like the way your woman smells, your relationship is likely over and she'll know it. Women like to smell good and like to think that they smell good, so if you tell a woman she smells like the grass at a dog park, she's probably not going to like it.
- (in reference to her mother) "I'd hit that." There are so many ways this comment could get you in trouble. First of all, in general, you never want to talk about hitting another woman in front of your woman. That's just going to end badly. And if you happen to be in a bar and that comment just happens to come out of your mouth and the woman just happens to be her mother, you have the problem of it being her mother and the other problem of your woman and her mother frequenting the same bar. If you meet her mother in a family setting and utter those words, you might want to consider a course in etiquette. Keep it to yourself.
- "If only you were half as hot as your friend." Any comment in which you compare your woman to another and it puts your woman in a bad light is going to result in trouble for you. Always. This comment is taking one step further the male penchant for looking at other women.
- "Oh dear God, put the panties back on." If you've gotten a woman to the point where she has removed her panties for you and you urge her to put them back on, you are essentially saying you want nothing to do with her, so just keep that in mind. Usually if a woman has gone this far, this is the last thing she wants to hear and will be a major blow to her self-esteem. Now, obviously this could be like your boss or something and you're in a compromising situation that you want to get out of, that's different. And if this is your best friend, that's different. And if your best friend is a guy, that's different.
- "Don't worry, it's not you. It's me and the fact that I don't like you." Telling somebody that you don't like them usually has the effect that they then think that you don't like them and they go away.
- "Could we euthanize the dog?" Unless this dog is crapping in your stuff and urinating on your food, you better not ever suggest that you get rid of a woman's pet. Women love their dogs and most would glady drop a man before they would think of doing anything to their dog.
- "I'm hoping you look better after another drink." Why are you talking to this woman in the first place? The problem here is that alcohol makes things come out of our mouths that otherwise wouldn't. So if this comes out of your mouth with a woman you've just met at a bar, you've killed any chance that anything is going further. Clearly though, your unconscious doesn't want it to go anywhere, so no big deal. That being said, if you're out with your wife or girlfriend and you let this one slip, you're in big trouble.
- "If I could actually get my arms around you, I'd give you that hug." This is a really mean way to tell a woman that she's fat. It's one thing if she really is that fat, in which case why are you talking to her if you don't like fat women? This is a far worse thing to say if you're simply being petty and trying to get in a dig. And you better be pretty trim and fit yourself to pull this one off. Generally, there's no reason to comment on a woman's weight.
- "My last girlfriend did it (whatever it is) way better than that." You do not ever want to compare your current woman with any past relationship in any way. This is just generally a good rule to follow because by bringing up the past you are indicating that you are thinking about the past. It doesn't matter what it is. Let's start with cooking. Just eat what she cooks or take her out to dinner a lot or buy her a cookbook or some cooking lessons. If this comment comes while you're in the bedroom, you are in trouble. And even if she asks, like: "am I as good as your last girlfriend?" just answer yes, even if it's not true. And if it's not true, help her to be better.
- "You're just like your mom." Before you utter these words you better be very sure about the woman's relationship with her mother. Many women get along just fine with their mother, but they definitely do not want to be their mother or turn into their mother. Uttering these words is likely to elicit the same response you would get if you took the woman's arm and forced it down a running garbage disposal, so beware.
- Top 5: Things Not To Say To A Woman Over 30 - AskMen
Jenna Lee told AskMen what you can never say to a woman over 30.
- Top 10: Things You Should Never Say To A Woman - AskMen
These are the top 10 things you should never say to a woman.
More by this Author
Understand the secret keys that indicate whether a guy likes you or not. This article will provide a short guide to understanding men and their ways.
You can tell if a girl doesn't like you if she sets your underwear on fire or if she urinates on your favorite football jersey. If that's not enough to give you a hint, here are a few other ways to know.
Ever had a guy cross that line between liking you and licking you? Gross, right? Well, learn all the signs that indicate if a guy might like you too much and is as desperate as a squirrel in the middle of a ten-lane...