20 Things Wives Should Never Say to Their Husbands
Since I just wrote a hub on 20 things a husband should not say to his wife, I thought I would be fair and give a little advice to my fellow female friends. Women can be just as clueless as the men, and their expectations can be unrealistically high. Here is a list I have come up with based on personal experience and doing a lot of reading on marriage. Just so everyone is on the right page, I am particularly aiming this at Christian women and marriages, but not exclusively.
- "If you loved me you would..."
- When your husband doesn't do something you ask or expect - "You don't love me, otherwise you would have done it."
- "You're supposed to be the spiritual leader of the home, so why aren't you leading?" This is something between God and your husband. It's best to pray for him. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is. But no one will change by telling you to.
- "Do I look fat in this?" No matter what he says it's going to be wrong and he'll be in trouble. So decide for yourself or ask a friend.
- "I shouldn't have to tell (or ask) you, you should just know what I want (or think, or need)." Remember, men don't think like women, so if you don't let them know what's on your mind, don't expect them to read yours.
- "You're just like your mother (father, sister, brother)." Not said in a complimentary way, it's insulting.
- "It can't be that hard to fix a _____(fill in the blank)."
- "You just don't get it, do you?"
- "Your supposed to love me as Christ loved the Church." This is a true statement; however, as I said, you can't nag or tell someone to do or change in matters like these.
- "I know I promised not to spend ____ (fill in the amount) without consulting you, but these were on sale and I saved $____." You don't like it when he does it to you.
- "You never..." or "You always..." These two apply to husbands speaking to their wives as well.
- "I'm not your mother."
- "Why can't you just get another job (or ask for a raise)?"
- "You look like such a dork. No one wears white socks with sandals (or black socks with tennis shoes)."
- When your husband invites his best friend over, "Him again? He's such a pig (goon, jerk, dork, geek)."
- "You're doing it all wrong. Get out of the way, I'll do it."
- "Husbands (or fathers) are supposed to ____(fill in the blank)."
- "Jennifer's husband just got a raise and he's only worked at his company for five years."
- "My mother (father or parents) warned me you'd do this."
- "So and so's husband does ____(whatever it he's not doing)."
© Lori Colbo. 2012. All rights reserved.
Related hub by Lambservant
- 20 Things You Should Never Say to Your Wife
Watch what you say, fella's. If you don't want to be in the dog house, heed these 20 rules about what not so say to your beloved.
More by this Author
Be careful what you say to your wife. Once it comes out she is not likely to forget it.
In this culture of instant everything, people are impatient! People get all upset when their calls and texts aren't answered instantly. Consider these reasons why!
As as a late stage middle-ager gaining quickly on senior citizenhood, I can see the value of laughing at myself. And these tidbits of senior aging will make you laugh with glee.