101 Ways to Show Your Love
A strong love relationship can be a powerful force within a person’s life, but it takes work and a lot of smiling to keep it strong. Here is a list of 101 ways to show how much you love that special someone in your life and remind them just how important they are to you.
1. Write your partner love poetry, no matter how bad you may think it is.
2. Send flowers randomly, even if only digital ones.
3. Cover the bed with rose petals (for no apparent reason other than love)
4. Make time to spend hours just kissing. Kiss until dawn. Make the sunrise special.
5. Make every kiss count. Show your passion and love.
6. Ask your love to tell you about some place that they lived in the past.
7. Hold your partner’s hand in public.
8. Tell your partner that you love them at least once every day.
9. Cuddle and hug while you sleep.
10. Kiss your partner’s forehead
11. Wear clothes that you know your lover likes.
12. Take your partner camping– just the two of you. Stay out under the stars.
13. Involve yourself in your partner’s favorite hobby.
14. Show your appreciation for the things your lover does. Remember to say “thank you.”
15. When you use a photo of yourself online, use one that has your partner in it as well.
16. Write little love notes and leave them where your love will find them.
17. When making love, take it slow. Kiss every inch. Spoil your partner.
18. Give your love a massage
19. Hug often.
20. Get your lover coffee before they wake up.
21. Also, surprising your love with breakfast in bed is an awesome way to say “I love you.”
22. Say nice, wonderful and feel-good things about your lover to others where your lover can hear you.
23. Smile whenever you are around your lover. Show them how happy they make you.
24. Write your partner a real love letter on paper and mail it to them, even if you live at the same address.
25. Remember all of the days that are important to your lover (birthdays, valentines’ day, anniversaries, first dates, proposal day, etc.)
26. Keep a picture of your partner in an area where you spend a lot of time. Find a way for your partner to find out about it (without telling them directly.)
27. Get the door, pull chairs out for your lover, etc.
28. When things need to be bought (anything from coffee to groceries) have the faster credit card.
29. Whenever you see your lover backtrack on what they’re going to say or change who they are for you, smile, acknowledge it, and tell them that they don’t need to change. You love the person that they already are inside.
30. Dance together. If you can’t dance, take a class together.
31. Point out your lover’s endless awesome traits when others put them down.
32. Make an effort to keep your partner smiling and tell them how much you love their smile.
33. Take your love out to dinner unexpectedly.
34. Kiss the tip of your partner’s nose.
35. Read something that your partner likes or loves to them.
36. If you’re really busy, make time. You can even give it as a silly gift entitling your lover to a day or a week they can spend with you.
37. Go out and have nice pictures taken of yourselves together.
38. Share a romantic, candle-lit bubble bath.
39. Stay loyal. Keep your promises.
40. Find a way to announce your love so that everyone around you can hear it.
41. Share elements of your life with your lover that you haven’t shared with anyone else.
42. Flirt relentlessly.
43. If you’re already married, play like you’re not. Romance your partner and propose again.
44. Tell your lover how cute/handsome/gorgeous and/or how much of a god or goddess they are.
45. Give your partner a memento (not necessarily a ring, but a bracelet or a necklace or something they can carry around in their pocket) that reminds them of your love for them.
46. Share a meal or a drink with your lover.
47. Talk about the future. Muse about ideas, dreams and the things that you will do together.
48. Sing to your lover, or sing together somewhere intimate (like the shower.)
49. Make an effort to attend (and enjoy) an event or ceremony with your lover that is important to them.
50. Leave flowers (single roses work great) in places where your lover will find them (like under the wiper on their car)
51. Stand between your lover and danger (or irritation, frustration, etc.)
52. Make sacrifices for your partner. Make sure that your lover isn’t making too many sacrifices for you.
53. Spend time together doing nothing at all.
54. Spontaneously take a day off from work or responsibilities to “kidnap” your partner and have a blast together!
55. Take the opportunity to say something like “Wow, check out that amazing couple!” when you pass a reflective window or mirror with your lover. Point your reflection out and have a laugh.
56. Make a mix of songs for your lover.
57. Use little changes in the standard “I love you” by saying things like “I adore you” or “I am so lucky to be here with you.”
58. Always make sure that you have time set aside for just you and your partner.
59. Explore your spirituality (or your love of a given subject) with your lover.
60. Be your partner’s best friend in every situation.
61. Write an article about love in which your partner will recognize elements of your relationship and smile.
62. Surprise your lover at work with flowers or chocolate or kisses.
63. Perform miracles (like setting up a romantic dinner in ten minutes with no warning.)
64. Kiss your lover’s eyelids.
65. Show your partner that you care by being a sympathetic ear for them.
66. Show your partner how awesome you are by supporting the arts (and visiting one of my sponsors near the top of this page.)
67. Smell your lover’s hair. Tell them how much you love the way they smell.
68. Find something that needs to be done that your love hasn’t gotten around to and do it for them, especially if it is something they’re having difficulty with (like bills, a person who irritates them or funeral arrangements they’ve been put in charge of, etc.)
69. Tell your lover that they are the only person you want to be with. Ever.
70. Write a note that thanks your lover for all the amazing things that they do and/or have done. Leave it where they will find it.
71. If your partner has a problem that is bugging them, try to set it right or fix it for them as a surprise.
72. Make a point to celebrate family holidays and special occasions with your lover.
73. Make a list of the things you love about your partner. Be specific, and feel free to say things that seem off the wall like: “I love the way your eyes are the color of the sky as the sun rises” or “I love the sound of your heart beating.”
74. Whisper “I love you” in your lover’s ear.
75. Send electronic love messages.
76. Take your lover to a concert they’ve always wanted to go to.
77. Cook together. Make the love (but also the food) the priority.
78. Use a picture of your lover as your desktop wallpaper.
79. Say “I love you.” in different languages. If your partner has a different native language than you do, learn to say it (and more) in that tongue.
80. Paint your nails together.
81. Make healthy lifestyle changes together.
82. Help your partner with something they might not understand as well as you (computers, taxes, etc.)
83. Offer help without having to be asked. Soothe them if they’re hurt, but also take swift action if it is necessary.
84. Kiss your partner’s hand.
85. Make time to clean and organize together (with music!)
86. Call a radio station you know your partner is listening to and dedicate a song to them.
87. Do silly things, like walking around with your hands in your lover’s pockets or writing a silly/fantastic story about how you met and fell in love.
88. Look your partner in the eyes when you talk to them. Be sincere.
89. Play with your lover’s hair.
90. Find out what habits of yours irritate your lover. Make an effort to reduce how often you do those things or cut the habits out of your life altogether.
91. Make resolutions to do things together. Make solid plans. Stick to them.
92. Go on a road trip together. Just the two of you.
93. Keep a positive outlook on life– at least while you’re around your lover!
94. Support your lover, even if you think they might be wrong or might fail. Be there simply because you love them.
95. Forgive and forget, but don’t bottle up things that bug you. Talk about them, then release them and make way for a better, stronger love.
96. Put a love or congratulatory ad in the local paper that you know your lover will see.
97. Distract your lover from their problems, remind them that everything is going to be okay and then help them solve the issue.
98. Wake your lover up with kisses.
99. Think up the most romantic thing you could do for your lover, then do it. Only you know your partner well enough to know what that thing is.
100. Compliment everything.
101. Stay tactile. Caress your lover.
More by this Author
Due to the success of 101 Reasons to Stay Single years after it was published (and now that I am, in fact, happily engaged,) I decided to put together a new list– 101 reasons to get (and stay!) Married. Enjoy. :)
Whether you're married, single or just looking for a laugh, this "big list of the benefits of bachelorism" is definitely for you! Check out 101 reasons to stay single and see why you should be staying single!
Looking for the perfect trap, puzzle or challenge to keep your players on their toes and add a little spice to your RPG campaign or dungeon crawl? Well here are 101 awesome ideas you can grab, modify, reuse, or...