10 Steps on How to Keep a Healthy Relationship
Keeping Your Relationship Healthy
While being is a relationship is good, keeping it healthy can be a bit tasking. When the relationship is new, everything seems to work perfectly as you warm up to each other. However, as it progresses, simple dynamics tend to be overlooked and it’s not until the relationship is headed for an imminent break up that partners start to re-evaluate how well they’ve been playing their roles in the relationship.
You’ve to learn how to keep a healthy relationship if you want it to stand the test of time. Below is a comprehensive look at 10 steps to follow for a healthier relationship.
1. Be Responsible for Your Own Happiness… While you partner might try to thrill and entertain you, it’s your determination to keep yourself happy that really matter in the end. Avoid arguments when you can; they are unhealthy and can lead to a breakup if you don’t know how to handle them.
2. Keep Your Word… When you make a promise, make sure you fulfill it. Never say something you don’t mean so as to please your partner. If you say you’ll buy your partner a present for instance, don’t blow it off because you’ll steadily ruin trust. Now, we all know trust is a very core component of a healthy relationship.
3. Admit Mistakes… You have to recognize that we are all human and are bound to err at on time or the other. When you’re in the wrong, admit and apologize. Likewise when your partner wrongs you, try as much as you can to understand and forgive them too.
4. Be Real… You’re bound to experience rough patches once in a while when in a relationship. Instead of walking away, try resolving whatever issues you may be facing as it makes you reconcile much faster. Reconsider your expectations because that’s how to keep a healthy relationship.
5. Lend Your Partner an Ear… Be ready to listen to your partner regardless of his or her needs. Be genuinely sympathetic about the issues they’re faced with and offer genuine advice too. Being a good listener not only enhances your relationship but averts possible arguments as well.
6. Show Your Affection… Don’t be afraid to show you partner you love him or her. Just remember that there’s a huge difference between letting your partner know you love them and showing them you love them. Through affection, you can show your partner how much you love them.
7. Be Faithful… Forget the arguments; loyalty is the building block of any relationship. You cannot learn how to keep a healthy relationship if your loyalty is questionable. Be as open as you can to your partner while expecting the same degree of openness in return.
8. Allow for Space… Everyone needs time alone, be it for privacy or freedom. Don’t be too overprotective. I am sure you’d also hate it if your partner kept watching every move you make. That you trust each should be a reason enough for you to allow your partner to spend time on their own.
9. Never Keep Anything to Yourself… Share your feelings with your partner; whether good or bad, after all they say a problem shared is a problem solved. As a matter of fact, that’s the reason he or she is your partner, to share in your experiences; the past and the present as well as the future.
10. Encourage Your Partner… Cheer your partner on in everything he or she does. Encouraging your partner not only boosts their morale but gives them the urge to push on with whatever endeavor they’ve embarked on. It also makes them take comfort in the thought that you support them in everything they do.
It is the simple things that keep a relationship thriving. Discovering how to keep a healthy relationship involves practicing these things every day the main aim being deriving happiness and understanding in every situation. Also sending some romantic texts will keep things fresh and exciting.
- How to Rekindle Romance and Keep the Relationship Alive
Let's face it, relationships are not easy. The excitement we feel when the relationship is new sadly fades off with time but that's just the way it is. Its for this reason that spending some time every day learning how to rekindle
- 7 Steps on How to Rekindle a Relationship
If you've ever been in a relationship, you'll agree with me when I say it's sweet at the beginning. You want to spend every moment with your partner and engage in every kind of activity. As you get used to each other, somehow the ex
- How to Rekindle a Marriage - 6 Ways to Revive the Passion
When passion begins to wane in a marriage, revisiting your priorities might do you some good. Obviously when there's no passion in marriage there must be a reason or reasons behind it. It takes two to tango, thus the effort both of you put in..
- How to Rekindle a Dying Relationship or Marriage
Is your relationship or marriage headed down south right now? Do you wish you could turn back the hands of time and relive the times when you were so into each other? Well, you could bring back the good times depending on the rekindle relationship...
- 9 Secrets to Rekindle Romance in Your Relationship
How do you rekindle romance when it's completely gone in a relationship? While rekindling romance in a relationship can make you become more appreciative of each other, it takes a little more effort, but the fruits are really rewarding. To help
- Romantic Texts for Him That He Will Love
If you think romance is overrated, think again. Romance is one of the core components of a successful relationship. However, being romantic does not necessarily mean going a little over the edge prove to him that you love him. Sometimes it's wh
- 6 Romantic Messages For Her That She Will Love
The first time I saw Jenny was at a friend's party sometime last year. She was strikingly beautiful. The kind of woman I would love to be seen with. I have had no problems talking to ladies but Jenny gave me goose bumps. How was I to talk to he
- 5 Ways to Use Love Text Messages to Excite Your Partner
Text messages are here to stay; as a matter of fact they're fast becoming a convenient way of expressing love between partners. Why wouldn't they? At the press of a button, you're able to say what would have taken five or more minut
- Sweet Cute and Funny Romantic Text Messages for Her
When was the last time you told your girlfriend how much you loved her? Better yet, do you remember when you last composed romantic text messages for her just to let her know she meant the world to you? You see, text messages form incredible...
- Romantic Love Text Messages to Say I Love You
I love you! These are three simple words yet very powerful, especially when used in a relationship. In the same breath, these are equally romantic words if delivered in the correct manner. Sending your partner romantic love text messages to say I...
More by this Author
It is one thing to feel as the center of attention and it is another to crave being the center of attention. One way to make yourself attractive to a guy is by suddenly playing hard to get after you are through with the...
This is rather a difficult process, if your love was deep and strong. On the other side of the coin it may be a walk in the park if your love means nothing but a memory for you. If your case is the deep and strong,...
Have you been wondering about what Things to Say to Your Boyfriend to Make Him Smile? Here's a couple to get you started...[My life with you is like a movie] you are the main character and hero and the entire movie got...
No comments yet.