17 Great Reasons For Taking Your Wife to a Major League Baseball Play-off Game
AHHH, BASEBALL IN ITS INFANCY
Today is Monday, Oct. 6, and it will not be long until we get to view that summer ritual, The World Series that thrills women and turns men into little boys again. Fans of both genders, ages, colors and ethnic backgrounds watch the two “best” Major League Baseball teams compete for seven games, and the one team who “sweeps,” the other team, are the World Champions. But many baseball fans secretly wish that the Series will go to the seventh-game I assume to honor Abner Doubleday, the man credited for creating this Great American Pastime.
Abner sure knew his stuff in the beginning when baseball was young and the pay was nominal. Legends like Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Dizzy Dean, Willie Mays and Pee Wee Reese made the summer grass grow taller when they trod the fields like gods in striped uniforms each weekend and some weekdays to make sure that their team would be in the running for winning the pennant.
LOTS TO ENJOY AT A PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL GAME
The screaming crowds with beer in paper cups, a cigar in their mouth, and wives holding their hats to keep them in place in gusty summer breezes are just two enduring descriptions that I hold dear about professional baseball. Hearing the legendary broadcasters, Mel Allen’s “How about that?” and Harry Caray’s “Holy cow,” was the vocal icing on the cake we all looked forward to having another slice until we couldn’t eat anymore until the next weekend.
Now that the play-off’s are about to begin, there is but one burning question to ask the guys, “Had you rather take your son or your wife to the baseball play-off’s?” Hordes of guys have already growled, “My son, you fool,” and I respect that. But let me share something with you. Here are . . .
Husbands, do you agree with me about taking your wife to a pro-baseball play-off game?See results without voting
17 Great Reasons For Taking Your Wife to a Professional Baseball Play-off Game
- This event is probably the “best” bonding experience you and your wife will ever find.
- She cannot accuse you of any wrong-doing when you get home. Not any.
- Seeing your wife in this new light—screaming and getting mustard on her jeans will cause you to love her deeper.
- You can let yourself go and scream, eat all of the hotdogs you want and drink more than one beer.
- Your wife will be more fun to be with than your buddies who only like you for your beer money and free ride.
- Women have tempers, my friend. If she sees a fast woman coming onto you, look out!
- Your kids will have more respect for you if you take their mom to the game.
- The women at your workplace will think you are so hot for taking your wife to a baseball game.
- Your wife will look so cute in a baseball cap.
- Your wife’s good looks might get you a discount on something that is sold at the ballpark.
- You two will something new to talk about.
- Your wife’s girlfriends will be jealous of you taking her to a ballgame and then they will demand that their husbands do the same next October.
- Women are more agile than me. This is a fact. She might catch a homerun ball. Think about it. wea
- Hadn’t you rather hold her wearing that great-smelling perfume than be near your buddies who smell like sweat and beer?
- You can kiss your wife on the lips at the game, but not any of your buddies.
- Even if your wife is a girly girl and turns your invite down to go to the game with you, she will love you for asking.
- If she hates beer, she can be your designated driver.
Way to go, Cardinals! (and if the Cardinals do win it all, you read it here first).
More by this Author
All she did was score fame, fortune, and popularity with "Ode to Billy Joe," and what did it get her? Read this piece to find out.
Just because a guy kisses a girl without her slapping him does not mean that he knows everything about the art of kissing to make girls happy.
Yes, "we" talk funny in the South. Need proof? Just read this hub.