20 Things Husbands Should Never Say to Your Wife
I have nothing against men, really. I like men most of the time. But sometimes they need a little help along the way with how to communicate with women, especially their wives or girlfriends. And in all fairness, women have some serious communication issues as well. But that's another hub. So men, step lively and pay attention, you just may avoid catastrophe.
Quotes on Marriage
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance (1 Cor. 13:4-7).
In marriage, each partner is to be an encourager rather than a critic, a forgiver rather than a collector of hurts, an enabler rather than a reformer. ~ Norman Wright and Gary Oliver
The first duty of love is to listen. ~Paul Tillich
My heart is ever at your service. ~William Shakespeare
Real giving is when we give to our spouses what's important to them, whether we understand it, like it, agree with it, or not. ~Michele Weiner-Davis
How have you answered the question "Honey, does this make me look fat?"See results without voting
- Answering "yes" when she asks you if this makes her look fat. Don't even say, "Only a little."
- Never say when she cries because the scale gave her bad news, "Honey, you don't need to cry, you know I love big women. There's more to love."
- If she is irritable, never ask her, "Is it that time of month?" You're knocking at deaths door with this one.
- "I'm sorry I forgot our anniversary the other day. Here are some flowers."
- "Housework is your job, I go to work." Quick, duck!
- "It was only $300. I thought you'd be happy I bought a (fill in the blank).
- "I invited the boss and a couple of the office guys for football (poker, Wii, Xbox) tonight. Can you get some pizza, beer, and chips? (This is after she's already prepared a tasty dinner for two).
- "I invited mom to come spend the week. She'll be here in an hour."
- "I work hard all day. It's your job to handle the kids."
- When you want your way and don't care what your wife thinks, don't say, "The Bible says wives should submit to their husbands?"
- I'd love to spend time with you and the kids today, but I work hard all week and I need time with the guys."
- "Why are you looking at me like that? I did the hard part and caught the fish, it's your job to clean it."
- "Did you forget to shave your legs?"
- "This is my house, I pay the bills." Death sentence guys.
- "I like it better the way my mom makes it." Expect boxed macaroni and canned beets tomorrow night.
- "Why are you mad? Every boy should have a BB gun at his age."
- "I don't get it, I thought you'd love to go hunting for vacation."
- Never bring home sexy lingerie to your middle aged, overweight wife and say, "You'd look so sexy in this," and when she does wear it say, "Hmm, it didn't look that way on the Victoria's Secret Model."
- When your wife comes home with a surprise glamour shots photograph for you, never say, "You look beautiful, honey. How come you don't look that way all the time?"
- "Would you consider getting breast implants like (voluptuous movie star)?
© Lori Colbo 2012. All rights reserved.
Related hub by Lambservant
- 20 Things Wives Should Never Say to Their Husbands
Is your husband constantly trying to figure out just exactly what it is you want or are trying to saying? Here are some sure fire intimacy busters, ladies.
Learn More About Communication and Marriage
Let's face it! We're not always the best at communicating our thoughts and feelings with our spouse. This 6-session small group study is designed to bring husbands and wives closer to each other and to God-and closer to other couples in the process. You will study God's Word, share in your challenges and successes, and build a marriage that will last.
The Covenant Marriage program encourages Christians to exercise the promises and expectations of God's covenant love in marriage. Practicing Covenant Marriage means couples must offer each other steadfast loyalty, forgiveness, empathy, and commitment to resolving conflict so as to encourage each other in spiritual growth.
If a guy wants to know about the innerworkings of the female mind than this is the book to buy,it is interesting to see how differently men and women think and is good advice for any guy who truly wants to understand the woman in his life. Jan J Yunik
More by this Author
From day one good communication skills have been sorely lacking. Today we ought not have many; but it is still a great issue. Here is a list of the greatest no-no communication methods.
In this culture of instant everything, people are impatient! People get all upset when their calls and texts aren't answered instantly. Consider these reasons why!
Fainting while laughing is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. It's happened to me. Here is a medical description of what is known as Gelastic Syncope.