10 Ways to Save Your Life as a Single Woman
Being a strong woman requires a backbone.
I didn't come up with the information, I'm just the middle-man (or woman), so don't hate me. Here is the list of rules every woman should live by to protect herself against the wiles of men, as well as to keep her dignity:
1. Don't be needy. That includes texting uncontrollably, baking cookies for a new love, calling him for a minute to minute update on his whereabouts, or chasing after him. Oh, and that includes expecting a guy to validate you with compliments or kissing you from the back side.
2. Wait to get physical. Wait until the third date to have the least amount of respect from your potential love interest. But all deals are off if you are on a "man diet," have been celibate for several months, fall in love with a cyber fantasy, get dumped by said romance, and meet a cute young guy in a bar who buys you a drink... feel free to "break the emergency glass."
3. Don't shave before a first date. Enough said. In fact, if you would have followed this rule, you wouldn't have had to "break the emergency glass" in rule #2.
4. Have a life of your own. That doesn't stop if romance is in the air. If there is any confusion, refer to rule #1.
5. Let men pursue you. Remember that men like to hunt, and the thrill is in the chase. Now imagine if a deer just fell down in front of a hunter, and waited to be killed? It would take all the fun out of aiming, shooting and firing those big guns for men.... and we know how much they love to fire them guns, don't we?
6. Don't get mixed up with men in relationships. JUST DON'T get mixed up. At all.
7. Be an independent woman. Get your finances in order, and don't look for a man to be your "meal ticket." Don't forget: when you marry for money, you earn every dime.
8. Stop falling for "Mr. Wrong." If you think kissing all the frogs in the pond will lead you to find the hidden prince, think again. If he looks like a frog, sounds like a frog, is green like a frog, it's probably "Mr. Wrong." Move to another pond and search for the "prince-like" beings.
9. Judge with your backbone more than your wishbone when you are dating. So you might have to go outside of your box to find the right one. The way a man makes you feel will last much longer than how good he looks or how much he can spend. If in doubt, refer to rule #7.
10. Find the guy who makes you laugh instead of making you cry. Whatever you do, don't settle for anyone who negatively affects your life. "Mr. Right" will be a bonus to your already awesome life, otherwise, throw him back into the dating pool. You deserve the trophy fish instead of the sharks.
"Laugh insanely, love deeply and forgive quickly." - unknown
Questions and comments are always welcome. I aim to please.
What do you think is the most important rule for women to keep?See results without voting
More by this Author
OK, ladies, how many of you have had this experience: Drama Kings with subliminal messages online. Learn how to read between the lines.
Why do men only call when they're in the mood? "Booty call." Don't fall for it! Here's why.
What about men attracts women the most? If you're dying to find out, read on.... for ladies: if you love to see eye candy, check out what I've put together.