5 Smart, 5 Stupid Things to Do When You Have a Crush on Someone
A man with a hopeless crush on another woman
(The guy to the right) is in pure-misery. He is dating this decent-looking woman, but he has this hopeless crush on a woman at work. But she, the woman at work, doesn't have a clue that this man feels this way about her.
So he goes through the motions of loving the decent-looking woman while pining-away for the lovely, feminine woman he works with in the Accounting Department.
His crush on his coworker is so serious, that he gets about three hours of sleep at night. Then he is up by 4 a.m. to drink coffee, shower, look his best for work just so if he gets the chance, he will tell his "coworker crush," of how he feels. This guy is in serious trouble.
"I think I will tell her how I really feel."
I said (the guy in the blue sweater) was in serious trouble
because he is on the border between doing (at least) 5 Stupid Things or 5 Smart Things about telling his coworker of his true feelings.
Guys, if you are in the same shape as this guy, pay attention. Do not let having a crush on a sweet woman "blind you of common sense." Stop right where you are and do some serious thinking.
Other crush images
Here Are 5 Smart Ways to Tell Your Crush How You Feel
- Gently talk your way up to the point of confessing your feelings. Your crush will appreciate your patience and respect for her. Women like things like respect and honor, so do your best to be methodical and at the same time, precise in your confession. Take your time. She will understand how much pressure you have been under.
- Send or hand-deliver a special note or card to your crush. Inside the note or card will be your simple-worded invitation for her to have dinner with you at a low-key restaurant. Do not "put on airs." Women can see right through these flimsy attempts to confess your feelings.
- Be direct with your crush. And tell her when there are no other people around. At work, be careful to not let people hear you. Oh, and if you two are married to other people, you have to be extra-careful if this works for you or not. A wrong word overheard can lead to two marriages being in-trouble and two friends losing a great friendship.
- Ask her if she would like to take a walk with you in the park on a pretty day and say in a gentle manner, "Oh, and I need to tell you something while we are at the park." And wink at her. A little flirting never hurts.
- Be bold. Go for it. Sometimes women like for chivalry to be presented to them. Just be out with it. But here is your out if she balks, "I do not want us to stop being good friends, but I have to confide in you about something." That statement shows trust for her and at the same time, your need to talk to her.
"Why did I do that?" Tell my crush how I feel by buying her $50,000 worth of stock.
Here Are 5 Stupid Ways to Tell Your Crush How You Feel
- Do Not rush-out and purchase your crush a new car. Seriously? You have wanted to tell her about you having a crush on her, but a new car? And you with enough payments already. This is a stupid move on so many levels. Your crush will be shocked and then be confused because she may not feel the same as you. Be careful. Do not buy a new car, but maybe a single red rose will do the trick.
- Do Not go overboard. The yelling, "I am into you," at work only works in the movies, not real-life. She could stop being your close friend and tell you to never talk or look at her again. Telling your crush about how you really feel is no a thing to gamble on. Think before you do this thing.
- Do Not start using phrases like: "When you and I are married," "You can quit your job and I will keep working." She will look at you like you are a fool. And you are a fool if you do this. You have had this serious crush on this lovely lady for about one month. And you are now wanting to marry her?
- Do Not call her every day. I am serious. Sure, women love attention, but at the right time. If you do this stupid move to confess your feelings, she will go from saying, "Hello," to "Oh, you again," so get a hold on your emotions. Call her occasionally.
- Do Not bombard her with asinine questions if another guy should talk to her. "Who was that? Your new man?" Questions like this will surely ruin any chance you ever had to let your lovely crush know how you really feel toward her.
"No charge for this good advice."
Was your way of confessing your real feelings to your crush . . .See results without voting
More by this Author
All she did was score fame, fortune, and popularity with "Ode to Billy Joe," and what did it get her? Read this piece to find out.
(Just) talking about meddlers and busy bodies is not enough. It is time I did something about them.
Time was, the office was "the" place for a young man or woman to work. But things changed.