5 Ways to Save Money on Your Wedding Day
Tips for Saving Money on Your Wedding Day
Since weddings are so expensive, you might find yourself in the position where you need to cut some corners. Here are a few small things you can do to save a little money. Some might sound bad at first, but keep an open mind.
1. Purchase your wedding cake at a grocery store—I had my cake picked up at Target the day of my wedding. Guess how much it cost? $100. Guess how it looked? Just like the dream wedding cake I wanted that would have cost a million times more. Guess how it tasted? Like Heaven.
2. Mix in some artificial flowers—Fresh flowers are beautiful. But you pay dearly for that beauty. Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t purchase fresh flowers. Just mix in some artificial flowers in not-so-obvious places. If done correctly, none will be the wiser and you’ll save a few dollars.
3. Use your friends—Is one of your friends a wiz with a camera? How about a musician with an angelic voice? A wedding DJ? Perhaps a gourmet cook? Figure out your friends’ talents and put them to use. And if your friends are talentless, they’re bound to have friends who aren’t. Do some research and put them to work on your wedding day. You'll be surprised how many of them are really into wedding planning.
4. Cash bar—This one might not be popular. But heck, alcohol is expensive. Do you really want to pay for all of your friends and family to get drunk? This is your day—not theirs. Supply a bartender but make your friends buy the booze.
5. Buffet style with pizza for the kids—You can have really nice food in a buffet style line. How does it cut costs? Easy, you don’t have to pay waiters. And since you pay for a certain amount of food, cut down further by buying pizza for the kids. They won’t like the fancy food anyway.
What about you? How are you cutting costs on your big day?
Check Out Some Of My Other Hubs
More by this Author
As you may have read in my other hub, The Impossible Test Answers, the Impossible Test is one of the most addicting games available for the iPhone. The best part, of course, is that it's free. However, addicting games...
Let's say you're getting married, but you aren't exactly in the position to be calling everyone non-stop to update them on the wedding. Meeting up in person may not work either because you may have family or...
All the answers for the mobile game, "The Impossible Test."