50 Ways to Keep Your Lover
Keeping Your Lover is Your Choice...
Paul Simon sang about 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover. I'm here to share 50 Ways to Keep Your Lover.
Some of you might not be familiar with this classic hit, so feel free to watch the video beforehand.
It is so simple to say "I Love You." How about showing your love instead of just saying the words? Demonstrating your fondness takes effort, creativeness and a caring heart.
If you want to keep your lover you need to express your emotions through your actions. Don't take the easy way out, be adventurous and enjoy making memories!
Whether you are dating or married I hope some of my ideas will be useful for you.
I'm not an expert in relationships, but you can say that I've been there and done that.
In one way or another we've all had relationship experiences, whether good or bad, we live and learn. Hopefully we don't repeat the same mistakes.
If you have any suggestions that would help others keep their lover, please share them in the comment section below. We are never too old to learn something new.
So here goes, with my take of 50 Ways to Keep Your Lover.....
50 Ways to keep your lover...
How many ways to keep your lover could you relate to?
1. Give a gift just because. No need for a special occasion.
2. Alternate days for the TV remote. You might learn something intriguing and interesting!
3. Fire up the grill, learn how to cook. Don't expect to get served unless you serve others.
4. Connect by holding hands. How long has it been since you've done that?
5. Don't slip out the back Jack if an issue arises....confront the problem and then decide if you are going to make a run for it. Always have an escape plan!
6. Date night. It doesn't have to be extravagant. Whether at home or somewhere else it is what it is. No, I'm not going to plan it for you also!
7. Privacy. Give each other space. CLAUSTROPHOBIA in a relationship is taboo. Breathe!
8. Discuss much. Communication is a MUST. Did you follow that? Communication is a MUST.
9. Make plans as a team. Don't rely on one person to be the entertainer...which is why it's called teamwork!
10. Laugh and laugh some more, then laugh again. Laugh until your belly hurts.
11. Don't be coy (shy) tell your mate what you want. Contrary to what you might have heard, mind-readers are far and few between.
12. Hold the door open. Pull out the chair. Yes, common courtesy still exists.
13. Take a walk and stop to smell the roses or apple blossoms!
14. Don't go to bed angry, get your point across and don't give in until the other sees it your way.
15. LISTEN and HEAR I repeat LISTEN AND HEAR.
16. Don't always expect to fix everything, sometimes you just need to (see #15)
17. Give a shoulder massage! You never know when you are going to need them so show some love!
18. It's not imperative to always speak when alone, just enjoy the moment.
19. SPEAK more!!!
20. Ask about their day. Their tomorrows. Their yesterdays.
21. Try not to share bodily noises unless absolutely necessary, even then still try not to.
22. Take care of your health. It's not all about you, think of your loved ones! No one is invincible.
23. Always, I repeat ALWAYS have chocolate on hand in case ANY emergency should emerge.
24. Hop on the bus and take a road trip to anywhere!
25. Give each other the key to your hearts.
More ways to Keep Your Lover...
26. Take random pictures of each other to laugh at later.
27. Roll out the red carpet, but never be a doormat.
28. Be spontaneous, but never combust!
29. Call or text just to say thinking of you, isn't that reason enough?
30. The best gifts are from the heart. So simple yet mean the most.
31. Never assume! Do I have to tell you what happens... U make an ASS of ME (meaning U)
32. Never say, "You look fine" with a quizzical expression....UH OH! Watch your back!
33. SMILE often and give each other reasons to smile.
34. Appreciate....one more time....A-P-P-R-E-C-I-A-T-E!
35. Pssst....size does matter.
36. Never intentionally embarrass or humiliate your significant other (continued w/ #37)
37. Do unto others as others do unto you.
38. Honesty is the best policy. There are NO ifs, ends or buts. None.
39. Just be yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you aren't just to impress. It never works.
40. Don't just LOOK, see within the heart.
41. Be supportive. but don't smother unless one of you is on fire!
42. If you don't love yourself, you can't love someone else. So find yourself before you try to find a mate.
43. Dance! Who cares if you can't, do it anyway! In the kitchen, backyard, on the counter-top...just do it!
44. Walk side by side ... never behind or ahead.
45. Think before you speak. Trust me, you'll thank me for this one.
46. Share a hot fudge sundae, even if it's a weekday.
47. If you don't like being judged than don't judge others. Karma!
48. You can't change anyone but yourself. Do not commit to a relationship thinking you will change the person. That is not going to end well.
49. Say ONE nice thing to each other every day. It can be done.
50. Lastly, remind each other that you are together for a reason. If you don't have a reason watch video below.
Just in case the above 50 don't work out for you....
Paul Simon: 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don’t need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free...
Did you learn any news ways to keep your lover?See results without voting
These suggestions are my opinions.
I have practiced them and continue to practice some. I have lived and learned.
From here on out you are on your own.
I will not be held responsible for anyone's actions unless they are positive ones!
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Romance is on the air. You know the time is right to propose marriage to your significant other. You want your marriage proposal to be creative and clever, unlike any others. I've compiled a list of 30 fun ideas to help...
In order to have a friend one must be a friend. I've compiled 55 reasons to appreciate your friends. We should never take our friends for granted.
Are you a candidate for a total knee replacement? If so, I hope this article which includes my husband's joint replacement will benefit you. Hip and shoulder replacement candidates could also benefit.