10 Fun, Memorable, and Cheap Date Ideas!
When a Luxurious Getaway Just Isn't Reality
We've all Been There!
Have you ever wanted to do something fun, and enjoyable with your significant other besides go to a local dinner or watch a movie, and yet flying to the beach just wasn't feasible? If you are like most people than you can definitely relate. So rather than settle for another Friday night spent watching reruns of a show you can say every line to, or going to that same restaurant where the waiter or waitress knows your order by heart, here are a few ideas to shake things up.
1. Dine In! Pick a new, fun recipe and cook together in the kitchen. Follow with an intimate candle lit dinner, where you give yourself the opportunity to reconnect and enjoy some quality time together after a busy week of working. (Don't forget to turn off the TV and your cellphones for the entire evening.)
2. Go to the Zoo! Sure we tend to think of this a more of a place to take children, but what better way to bring out your inner child and spend the day with someone you love. Not to mention, bringing up opportunities to share childhood memories with one another.
3. Go out for Dinner, and Redo Your First Date! My husband and I have a restaurant that is our special place. He took me there for our first date, after dating for a year, and each year after that, and then finally it is where he proposed. On one of our annual dates, when he picked me up and we pretended that we had just met. We kept it up all the way to the restaurant. It was a lot of fun because not only did it change things up and break us out of our routine, but it truly gave us a chance to learn new things about one another. We tend to fall into a bad pattern once we have dated someone for a few years. We think we know everything there is to know about each other and so we stop asking questions. It's important though that regardless of the amount of time you have dated or been married to someone that you stay in tune with whom one another is. We all change over time even on little things like our favorite foods.
4. Go to the Park! Pet owners? Take your furry friends out for a walk together. Writers? Grab a pen and paper and write a poem or song together. Athletic? Bring a ball have some competive one-on-one fun. Getting out and soaking up some vitamin D together is a great way to relax and enjoy the beauty of God's creation.
5. Go Ice Skating! What better way to show off your gracefulness or lack there of than to go ice skating? For a more romantic setting find an outdoor rink and go at night. If you don't have an ice rink in your area, then you can always settle for a rollar skating rink.
6. Do a Craft Together! Have you been dying to try out that latest project you found on the DIY Network or Pinterest? Now's your chance to kill two birds with one stone. Just rememeber to make sure the project is something both people have an interest in creating. Otherwise, it won't be enjoyable quality time.
7. Go Antiquing Together! Visit local flee markets and look for that old coffee table you just can't live without. It really doesn't even matter if you find anything to buy or not, just the fun of getting out and doing something different will make it a memorable date.
8. Go to a Local Concert! Check the venues in your area for local bands that are playing. Often times you can find a place with no cover charge that is trying to support up-and-coming local artists.
9. Go Hiking! Take a little hike together and enjoy the great outdoors. If hiking is a little over zealous for you than maybe settling for a long walk is more appealing. Either way it goes, enjoy great conversation and burn caleries at the same time. Best part: it won't cost you a penny!
10. Have a Scavenger Hunt! You can get really creative on how you want to do this whether it be little hidden hints that lead to a small gift or hidden clues to a separate date. One time around Easter I snuck over to my now husband, but boyfriend at the time's house and hid Easter eggs everywhere. Each egg contained a small piece of paper with something that I loved about him inside. It was kind of a like a surprise that never ended as several weeks later he was still finding hidden eggs.
Have a great idea of your own? Please feel free to leave your suggestion in the comment box below!
The Perfect Date
What's Your Idea of a Perfect Date?See results without voting
More by this Author
That really is the question. I wrote this because I see so many people in relationships that they are completely miserable in. To be honest I too have been there before. It is never easy to end a...
No comments yet.