8 Things a Husband, Any Husband Should NEVER Say to His Wife
The more we try. The more we mess-up
This is a sympathetic statement to most guys. As hard as we work and toil to always "stay on point," and say the right things to our wives, we mess-up the harder we try. Honest to God, we just do not know how to think. That's it in a nutshell. No use mincing my words or covering this piece with molasses.
Poor guys. They can have a perfect day at work--boss congratulates him on landing three new clients, coworkers treat him to lunch and he is flying high on the way home. His perfect day is moments away from becoming a distant memory. And all he does is this: His wife is in the kitchen struggling with a stubborn pot roast because it will not fit into the pan for cooking.
Women, what would you do?
We just speak and then think
The husband all but jumps into the kitchen. Now here is what he said: "That pot roast shouldn't be any trouble to you, sweetie. You are in a heavier weight class." Did you catch that? Oh, you can bet that his wife caught it for now he is catching her ire and other angry words like she is giving away gift certificates.
And during his tongue lashing, all he can do is ask: "Gee! What'd I do? Huh? Come on. Tell me what'd I do?" Sad truth is, he really doesn't know what he really said to make his wife so angry. Someone needs to sit this guy down and in a discreet manner, share the following list of
8 Things That a Husband, Any Husband, Should NEVER Say to His Wife
- "Hey, these place mats are great. Did you steal them the last time we stayed at the Days Inn?"
- "So your mom isn't coming this weekend? I was worried if we had enough food or not."
- "Heyyy, why is all of this smoke in the kitchen? What's burning? Ohhh, yeah. You thing isn't pork chops."
- "Don't let the dog eat that! He doesn't know where that ground beef has been."
- "Honey, Bob told me at work that his wife is now doing Zumba and has lost 12 pounds. Why don't you get into that? You don't have all that much to do here during the day."
- "Babe, I was going to ask you, but I was afraid to. Is something wrong with your butt? Because you kinda walk favoring your right side. Jan, Tom's wife, walks so gracefully. Her butt sways back and forth."
- "Sweetie, my secretary asked me to ask you what thrift store you bought you clothes for she saw you last week in the mall and said you couldn't tell your clothes were from a thrifty store."
- "Sweetheart, are you cooking barbecue from the grill for our party Saturday night? Well, you best let me handle it. Men know lots more about grilling than women."
- To the guy above: I just happen to know a few good divorce lawyers who do not charge a "pound of flesh."
More by this Author
A purist is someone (like me) who doesn't need fanfare, glitter or fame to survive. And my life is rather quiet, but very streamlined as a purist, I might add.
(Just) talking about meddlers and busy bodies is not enough. It is time I did something about them.
I cannot hide my life any longer.