Boys Versus Men; What Women Want
What do Women Want? Beats Me, I'm Just a Woman
What do women want? Honestly, it changes by the second. Yeah glad I could help, now you can move on and read the next hub. Just kidding. Women want the whole package while men just want the wrapping so I believe a woman chooses a younger man, for instance, not just for looks. Women choose men a certain age for various reasons.
My credentials for writing this hub are 1. I'm a woman (OK don't congratulate me just yet, I was born this way so it's not a stretch), 2. I have always been attracted to younger men, and 3. My best friend has always been attracted to older men. My friend and I have had some interesting conversations over our major difference in this one area so I wanted to write about it and shed some light on just one of the many mysteries surrounding women.
I do know one thing, if a women chooses a younger man, he better have brains- that would be considered having the whole package. If a woman wants an older man, he better have an ability to relax and have a little fun or turn on the boyish charm. You see, whether or not a woman wants a boy or man, she still will seek the whole package and he must deliver on more than just age based traits alone.
Boys; The Younger Man (Woo Hoo)!
The younger man isn't doing so shabby anymore. Let me give you the obvious example of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. He isn't slumming off her for money. Younger men are fairing better with older women because they are now becoming successful and stable at an earlier age so the old mentality of older men being stable isn't exclusive for them anymore. In fact, I would bet there are more older men searching for themselves and a profession than younger ones.
Women who prefer younger men enjoy a list of benefits:
- More active
- good bodies
- joke around more
- haven't had enough responsibility in life to take it too seriously
- less baggage (emotional, divorce, kids, etc)
- still have a gleam* in their eye
- listen better in the bedroom- let me chat on that one for a second. Young men listen to what a woman wants sexually while older men don't listen because they think they already know what a woman wants. Maybe you'd call it willing to learn (boys) vs. know-it-all (men).
- The real world is still exciting to them, they want to experience life whereas older men would rather watch what's happening in the world on TV.
- When you disagree, they don't call it an argument, they just want to discuss it more over coffee or a beer.
- they have a cool dog
- if they don't shave, it's hot and considered the gruff look.
- they have a great natural smell, like babies. Older men have "other" smells.
Men; You are MEN After All, That Says it All
My best friend I mentioned earlier helped me with this list. Yes, I can find great traits and benefits of dating older men, but I wanted to get firsthand info from a girl who dates them exclusively and would consider herself an expert.
- want marriage and kids and to "settle down"
- secure in who they are
- ability to discuss meaningful topics- politics, education, religion.
- seem to just "take care of things." For example, ordering dinner for a woman, making reservations, anticipating her needs, and fix the car.
- have learned from past mistakes. You can't buy wisdom or charm wisdom- it comes with age.
- willing to accept more faults or if the woman has baggage herself, an older man "understands"
- confident, not cocky like boys.
- more likely to get in a verbal fight rather than a physical altercation.
- traits that remind women of their dad's- a comfortable feeling or perhaps a dad they never had.
I acknowledge there are many stereotypes in both lists, but these attributes are more about the "idea" of a man. It's the idea of the way a man is or might be that attracts a woman. She gets a sense of who he is based on factors like age. Psychologically, we all categorize people we would consider being better friends, lovers, neighbors, etc. Knowing this, it doesn't make the older man/younger man preferences any less real. They are very real and many women stick by them. I hate to say it, women are probably less flexible in their preferences than men.
More by this Author
I've written on the topic of bad boys and nice guys previously and I've learned most guys just want to know...Do women prefer jerks? Exploring this topic from a psychological perspective and life experi
The "you complete me" love cliche transforms into "you excite me" when good girl meets bad boy. In a way, he is foreign to her; exciting, unpredictable. This combination will amount to a...
There may come a time when you have endured a harmful and stressful family relationship, and you may wonder if cutting ties is right for you.