Bride on a Budget: Decorating at Sit Down Dinner: Idea 1
If you are on a budget, you won't have tons of money for making your tables look great. However, for very little money you can dress up each place setting and help carry the theme you have chosen for your reception or rehearsal dinner.
- Buy paper placemats in a color coordinated shade. You could buy all one color or perhaps several different colors and mix and match. One color will add more a visual pop to the tables.
- Use a hole puncher tool to punch out two holes at the top of each placemat.
- Thread through some wire edged ribbon as you would at the top of an invitation. Be sure to use pinking shears or a sharp pair of scissors for cutting off the edges of the ribbon. Consider cutting each edge with a single slant or an inward "v" shape. This takes more time, but it's inexpensive and the detail looks great.
- Position each placemat to decorate your table.
- Add a colorful napkin and silverware. Add a plate if you aren't using paper.
Picture all red placemats at a barbecue with black and white checkered ribbon threaded through. Alternatively, you would thread though a simple daisy or other flower that looks good at each place setting.
At a spring wedding, picture green placemats with white ribbon threaded through, or different shades of ribbon at each place setting.
A Christmas wedding would look great with red placemats and metallic ribbon. You could even poor a little confetti at each placesetting.
Of course you'll probably want to add some simple and inexpensive centerpeices to each table.
More by this Author
Our living room sans rug so you can really see the floor! Please ignore the paint test in back left of picture. Preparing for our kitchen remodel, my husband and I were looking for some inexpensive flooring that would...
Unique method for popping your own back using your bathtub. Illustrations and description included.
Many people are choosing gift bags over the traditional and more time consuming wrapping paper alternative. These days we are all in such a hurry the gift bag is a quick and easy method for "wrapping"...